Trying lggpad

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I returned my Samsung galaxy 3 8.0 to amazon after reading about the new lg. I really liked the sg3 but I was concerned that I might have had a bad battery. I also note that the lg had much better specs. I've now had it for a couple days. Only place to buy was best buy so had to pay sales tax and full retail which is a bummer. The tablet is just OK. Its faster than the Sammy no buffering, and definitely feels lighter and thinner. I have 60 days to return it. I think it is a bit overpriced and should compete with the Sammy at $279 NOT $350. The pisser is there are no decent cases available and this thing seems/is fragile. Where are the cases for $10-$15 with a stand? The Sammy is a great deal. I suspect with the holiday prices will come down about 10 percent.

Last edited:

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I returned my Samsung galaxy 3 8.0 to amazon after reading about the new lg. I really liked the sg3 but I was concerned that I might have had a bad battery. I also note that the lg had much better specs. I've now had it for a couple days. Only place to buy was best buy so had to pay sales tax and full retail which is a bummer. The tablet is just OK. Its faster than the Sammy no buffering, and definitely feels lighter and thinner. I have 60 days to return it. I think it is a bit overpriced and should compete with the Sammy at $279 NOT $350. The pisser is there are no decent cases available and this thing seems/is fragile. Where are the cases for $10-$15 with a stand? The Sammy is a great deal. I suspect with the holiday prices will come down about 10 percent.

Why would LG be expected to compete with a Galaxy Tab 3 which has a worse SoC, much worse resolution and horrible build quality? Doesn't make any sense.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I agree that there are spec differences with the sg3 but the g pad is still overpriced by about $50. Also, Samsung has a bigger name than lg re mobile products so if the g pad is to sell it needs to have a lower cost. I dont have any idea what kind of tech support lg offers. Samsung surely will get updates before lg if lg even gets updated. Fingers crossed.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Samsung does do more advertising but keep in mind that LG makes the nexus 4 and the new nexus 5. People are buying out those phones and don't even realize how excellent LG mobile products are nowadays.

LG gpad is far superior to the galaxy tab 3 8in in many ways. No contest worth the extra funds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy