Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: G pad battery life not great.

How much time does it take for a full charge? My tablet needs around 3.20 minutes. But i read on the net that this tablet needs 4.30 hours for a full charge. I wonder what is wrong with mine. I checked with wakelock detector, nothing runs in the backround, it sleeps like a baby.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by L1VESTRONG View Post
    How much time does it take for a full charge? My tablet needs around 3.20 minutes. But i read on the net that this tablet needs 4.30 hours for a full charge. I wonder what is wrong with mine. I checked with wakelock detector, nothing runs in the backround, it sleeps like a baby.

About 2 hours from 10% to 100. I'll try again for an exact time

Same for me I was at 96% when I went to work when I came home and checked my battery was at 94% after 8 hours. Battery life is not a problem for me.

I just got back from a business trip that involved 8 hours riding in a car. I loaded the SD card up with "Vikings Season 1" and watched all 7 hours with the screen on 100% brightness. I still had 25% battery life left when we got there.

The battery life of my 8.3 suits my needs.

-Suntan
    Drak_h likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
    you're the one that kept stating how many minutes you were getting per each percentage of battery life, so why wouldn't I assume that you calculated the time remaining? And if you were using battery at a certain observable rate then why do you care what the OS is saying when you are observing a totally different rate of discharge? You stated your own calculated rate of battery usage, but then also quoted the OS's estimate...sounds to me like you need to make up your mind which one you want to believe since they are obviously different.
    Furthermore, the device can't accurately calculate the remaining battery life. Obviously, losing 1% every 3 minutes is also unacceptable.

Here's a puzzle for you Einstein, what's the first letter of the two preceding sentences tell you about your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by AmicusBrief View Post
    Furthermore, the device can't accurately calculate the remaining battery life. Obviously, losing 1% every 3 minutes is also unacceptable.

Here's a puzzle for you Einstein, what's the first letter of the two preceding sentences tell you about your opinion?
    Seriously guys, it's just a consumer electronics device. If you're not happy with it return or give it to someone else. No need to be childish and rude on the site.

-Suntan
    Thanked by 2:
    stevenkisor1 and Drak_h like this.

We should start a fight about who has the better color. Black or white?!

Charging Time line while sitting on my desk

9am - 5% start

9:30 - 20%

10am - 44%

11am - 75%

Looks like a full charge by 11:30am. So from 5-100% in 2.5 hours.

Man i'm bored lol. And i didn't even touch the thing this whole time, been killing me!!!

Global Posts
    6,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Black is the clearly superior colour (he he). The battery life seems good enough that I don't give it any thought so I've not measured it.

G2
    Live long and prosper.

erwaso likes this.

Ha!! Well I have the black one, and we all know that black is beautiful!!

Come on guys, let's be mature adults about this!
    erwaso likes this.

Speaking of which, someone at my local gamestop told me that the white LG G pad has a slightly better brightness display then the black one. I'm not sure how true this is, but I did hear the same thing about the Galaxy note 8 tablets. The funny thing is, I had the dark brown Note 8, and sold it for the LG G Pad. Now, my wife has the white Note 8, and I swear, her screen does seem much brighter than the Note that I had. Anyone else notice or heard anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by RAHIEM69D View Post
    Speaking of which, someone at my local gamestop told me that the white LG G pad has a slightly better brightness display then the black one. I'm not sure how true this is, but I did hear the same thing about the Galaxy note 8 tablets. The funny thing is, I had the dark brown Note 8, and sold it for the LG G Pad. Now, my wife has the white Note 8, and I swear, her screen does seem much brighter than the Note that I had. Anyone else notice or heard anything about this?
    I can't say for certain, but given that the components minus the housing should be identical, I'm guessing it's your brain just seeing it that way because of the white. The brain is a strange thing in the fact that even minute differences can make it process things differently.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:
    erwaso likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VideoEngineerAJS View Post
    I can't say for certain, but given that the components minus the housing should be identical, I'm guessing it's your brain just seeing it that way because of the white. The brain is a strange thing in the fact that even minute differences can make it process things differently.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk
    Awesome answer. Confirms black is better.

Haha jk jk
    stevenkisor1 likes this.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RAHIEM69D View Post
    I've also heard of this, I haven't seen it myself. But my friends told me that it does make a difference for some reason. It's weird.
    Thanked by:

Thought I'd share that Newegg just lowered the price of the white model from $349 to $329. I like the white model better anyway.
    Thanked by:
    erwaso 

Since two days I have the lg g pad and I can confirm the terrible battery life. I have recharged for the third time and still have terrible batterylife...
    I have frozen many lg apps running in the background with titanium backup, I use setcpu at 1350mhz, I only have wifi, and brightness at 40%... the result: 1% batteryloss every two minutes
    The tablet itself has sometimes little "freezes" for about 1 of 0,5 seconds (as reported in various reviews)
    I think there are different versions of the g pad around.
    I am wondering what makes gives some devices better batterystamina than others? Is it the battery itself or is it the processor not using all it´ s cores? The people with the "good battery": do you have the little hickups as described above?
    My serial number is: 310copy0073080 (made in China)
    Here is a review in which they ´ve found a problem with the chip not using it´ s 4 cores: LG G Pad 8.3: net niet uit de verf - Hardware en prestaties: kan beter - Review - Reviews - Tweakers (you can read it using google translate)

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

It can happen to any device. The first day i complained that my battery drained over night. Now i dont see that happening. Ended at 39% and woke up to 39%.

Battery mileage may vary lol. Like another stated, factory reset OR exchange it. Dont keep a faulty unit.
    Are you in airplane mode when you put it down for the night?
    Do you have wifi on or off?
    Is sync enabled?

Mine drops at least 1%/hr while sleeping and like others, about 12%/hour during use

Quote Originally Posted by L1VESTRONG View Post
    In my case battery life is not that great as well. When i full charge the tablet, i see that after 2 hours without using the tablet, battery life drops around 13-15%. It seems that when battery percentage goes to 80% and under then it doesnt drain that fast. Overall i have 5-6 soc with brightness level at 35%. Maybe some batteries are defective i think.

Do you have a lot of apps installed? I charge mine overnight and unplug it in the morning. Twelve hours later when I get home from work it has only lost two or three percent. I don't turn off or anything. Just in its normal sleep mode. I have about one fifty to two hundred apps installed but I also have Green Power installed.

During use I get decent battery life although I have not timed it. I would probably get better if I had less apps or managed them more ad far as notifications, syncing, etc.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by stujoe View Post
    During use I get decent battery life although I have not timed it.
    I just spent one solid hour of my normal use on the g pad....using about a dozen different apps - news, weather, a lot of sports, email, some web with a couple of short 2 minute video interviews. Screen brightness at my normal 45%...Mine dropped 14% of its charge (from 79 to 65). That would equate to about 7 hours of my typical use from full charge to completely dead....more screen on time than I would use in a day.
    ffejjj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by canadoc View Post
    Are you in airplane mode when you put it down for the night?
    Do you have wifi on or off?
    Is sync enabled?

Mine drops at least 1%/hr while sleeping and like others, about 12%/hour during use
    not in airplane mode
    wifi on always
    sync enabled

USB cable affects charge rate...

Yep, unless I saw it for myself, I would would never have believed it. When I got my G-Pad, I used the supplied charger, but used the cable from my Note II instead, because it's much longer. I was somewhat disappointed with the charge rate; it took longer than I would have thought, but accepted it.
    The other day I finally switched to the supplied LG USB cable while it was in mid - charge cycle. The battery graph changed dramatically. (No, sorry, I didn't take a screen snapshot). The battery graph went from approx 30% graph angle to approx 45-60%. Big difference. I could only guess that the difference could be the guage of wire. The cable feels more heavy duty.
    So if you're not using the G-Pad's supplied USB cable, do it.

Posted via Android Central App

I can second Steven's comments on the cable making a big difference. All my spare chargers were only about 0.8a, so to save taking the G Pad one to my Mum's every time I stay for a couple of days, I bought a Kindle Powerfast one from Amazon, 1.8a (supplied without cable). The tablet was still taking twice as long as usual to charge when connected using a cable supplied with a phone charger. Using the thicker cable that came with the G Pad, connected to the Amazon charger, times returned to normal. Looks like I'll be buying the Powerfast USB cable to go with the charger!

Global Posts
    584 Global Posts

I've noticed that if i seldom charge my battery to over 60% and only charge it when it's about to die, the the next time that it dies and turns off requires the most time to charge.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12