Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default G pad battery life not great.

I thought I'd start a thread just on battery life to see how other users are doing. Mine is terrible. I get maybe 5 or 6 hours tops before its down to 20% or less and needs refueling. Its like a hummer, lol. After a week battery life is my only issue. Otherwise its a great tab. Either some of these units have bad batteries or those claiming great battery life are exagerating. If the former, lg has to step up. Thoughts?

Default Re: G pad battery life not great.

What do you mean by 5-6 hours? What is your screen on time? What brightness level?

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

also check for apps that wake your tab up from sleep while idle

At 80% brightness, I just played dead trigger 2 for 2 hours straight and I'm at 75% battery. That's as good as my I pad 3.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

That's what i mean. You get long !life, I get little. I can drop 10 or 15 percent in an hour just surfing, reading articles, email with screen at 50-60 percent, WiFi on. Nothing else of consequence turned on like blue tooth etc. Its frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    At 80% brightness, I just played dead trigger 2 for 2 hours straight and I'm at 75% battery. That's as good as my I pad 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    That's what i mean. You get long !life, I get little. I can drop 10 or 15 percent in an hour just surfing, reading articles, email with screen at 50-60 percent, WiFi on. Nothing else of consequence turned on like blue tooth etc. Its frustrating.
    Mine's doing the same thing. With wifi on, web browsing, 50% brightness, I'm getting 4 minutes per 1% battery life. Seems kinda poor to me.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Agreed!!! Seems complaints to LG are in order. Its embatrasing how quickly the battery runs down.

Quote Originally Posted by AmicusBrief View Post
    Mine's doing the same thing. With wifi on, web browsing, 50% brightness, I'm getting 4 minutes per 1% battery life. Seems kinda poor to me.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Such as????

Quote Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22 View Post
    also check for apps that wake your tab up from sleep while idle

Try a factory reset. Have worked for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    It can happen to any device. The first day i complained that my battery drained over night. Now i dont see that happening. Ended at 39% and woke up to 39%.

Battery mileage may vary lol. Like another stated, factory reset OR exchange it. Dont keep a faulty unit.

Just did a full factory reset. Didn't install any apps, changed brightness to 50%, auto off. Now I've dropped to 3 minutes for every 1% of battery. 45% battery indicates I have 1 hour 32 minutes of use left.

Just did a full factory reset. Didn't install any apps, changed brightness to 50%, auto off. Now I've dropped to 3 minutes for every 1% of battery. 45% battery indicates I have 1 hour 32 minutes of use left.
    might want to check your math. 3 minutes per 1% means that at 45% charge remaining you'd have 135 minutes remaining or 2.25 hours. Still not great, but it's more accurate than your calculation.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Wow! That is horrific. Factory reset is what tech support people tell you to do when they dont know the solution and want to get you off the line.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
    might want to check your math. 3 minutes per 1% means that at 45% charge remaining you'd have 135 minutes remaining or 2.25 hours. Still not great, but it's more accurate than your calculation.
    First off, I used a stop watch to time a decrease in battery power by 1%. The 1 hour 32 minutes remaining was displayed under battery usage in the settings menu. I didn't calculate ****. If the math is F'd up its in the device.

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    That's actually pretty good battery life at 80%. I can easily get through a day of gaming, surfing etc at 57% brightness. I'll try my brightness at 80% and report back.
    Thanked by:

First off, I used a stop watch to time a decrease in battery power by 1%. The 1 hour 32 minutes remaining was displayed under battery usage in the settings menu. I didn't calculate ****. If the math is F'd up its in the device.
    Wow, calm down man, I don't think that he was trying to insult you. Anyway, varying battery life is like that with all tablets/phones. My Ipad 3 had TERRIBLE battery life, yet my friends would last all day. My LG g pads battery life seems to have gotten much better with constant usage. Also, certain apps can kill your battery. Download an app called Wakelock Detector to see what's killing your battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by RAHIEM69D View Post
    Wow, calm down man, I don't think that he was trying to insult you. Anyway, varying battery life is like that with all tablets/phones. My Ipad 3 had TERRIBLE battery life, yet my friends would last all day. My LG g pads battery life seems to have gotten much better with constant usage. Also, certain apps can kill your battery. Download an app called Wakelock Detector to see what's killing your battery life.
    I'm calm, and I'm also not so stupid I can't do simple math. Nor, do I need some hack telling me of "their" assumed error.

On a better note, I came up with a quick fix for the battery issue....I took the tablet back to Best Buy for a refund. Problem solved.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I'll bet a ton will be returned for the battery issue if its widespread. I'm hanging in with mine. I really like it and maybe the battery issue will improve.

I'm calm, and I'm also not so stupid I can't do simple math. Nor, do I need some hack telling me of "their" assumed error.

On a better note, I came up with a quick fix for the battery issue....I took the tablet back to Best Buy for a refund. Problem solved.

you're the one that kept stating how many minutes you were getting per each percentage of battery life, so why wouldn't I assume that you calculated the time remaining? And if you were using battery at a certain observable rate then why do you care what the OS is saying when you are observing a totally different rate of discharge? You stated your own calculated rate of battery usage, but then also quoted the OS's estimate...sounds to me like you need to make up your mind which one you want to believe since they are obviously different.

I have not done any actual times but my battery life seems decent definitely better then my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 which my wife now uses. I will do some actual times this week and report back. If your tablet has a problem you should exchange it for another one. I brought my first G Pad back for the blue line issue and light bleed I am glad I did my 2nd one is perfect. Am I happy I had to take my first one back? No, but I would not let one bad device discourage me from trying again with this tablet.

It's too bad some folks take the one experience and generalize all the models the same without a 2nd chance.

No mass produced electronics device goes without a bad apple or ten.

Good luck either way.!

In my case battery life is not that great as well. When i full charge the tablet, i see that after 2 hours without using the tablet, battery life drops around 13-15%. It seems that when battery percentage goes to 80% and under then it doesnt drain that fast. Overall i have 5-6 soc with brightness level at 35%. Maybe some batteries are defective i think.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

sorry to hear. that's really bad

Just watched a 2hr 10min movie and played Dead Trigger for an hour after with screen at 50%, then browsed the net for an hour. had 44% left.
    Battery Use in settings shows

G pad battery life not great.-screenshot_2013-11-12-15-47-16.png

Quote Originally Posted by L1VESTRONG View Post
    In my case battery life is not that great as well. When i full charge the tablet, i see that after 2 hours without using the tablet, battery life drops around 13-15%. It seems that when battery percentage goes to 80% and under then it doesnt drain that fast. Overall i have 5-6 soc with brightness level at 35%. Maybe some batteries are defective i think.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
    That is not normal you need to see if you have an app running or preventing the tablet from really sleeping. My tablet when charged to 100% I put it to sleep and went to bed when I checked 7 hours later I was at 98% I find this about normal for all my Android tablets I would loose about 3% overnight. If it is not an app I would exchange it if you still can,

New picture of my battery life. My battery is so great
    And on idle, battery doesn't go down. Maybe 1% on 8-10 hours.
    G pad battery life not great.-2013-11-13-01-09-44.jpg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast