Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Haalcyon
  • 1 Post By slowdyve
  • 1 Post By RAHIEM69D
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who is returning gpad and why???

While this fantastic tab has only just about come out of the gate, some already are expressing problems and issues. Weak backlighting and weak battery life are among the complaints. So are you heading back to BB to return fot refund or exchange for another try? What would you get instead?

Default Re: Who is returning gpad and why???

I already returned mine after a week. I liked a lot about it, but wasn't totally in love with it because of the dark screen and average battery life. I also had the blue line issue, so best case was that I had to swap it for a new one. I got a refund instead b/c I figure I'll wait to see if there are any Black Friday deals on tablets and see if the Nexus 8 is for real (or at least find out what the LG V510 really is). In a couple months if there's nothing better on the horizon then I'll think about going back to the G Pad.

At this point, I'm interested to see what the HP 8 inch Tegra device costs and looks like. Supposedly it'll be available this month. I actually prefer the 4:3 aspect ratio - I do more reading than watching movies.

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

You're not getting my black G Pad from me. No way. You'll pull it from my...cold...dead....fingers.

G Pad 8.3
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    You're not getting my black G Pad from me. No way. You'll pull it from my...cold...dead....fingers.

G Pad 8.3
    Same here. I've not had any battery life issues and it's so much faster than the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity. I just sold my Infinity on eBay last night. The only downside right now is the lack of cases

I'll only return mine if they come out with a 32GB version.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Returned mine today, tinny speakers, not a very bright screen and reboot issues sadly ended up buying an iPad mini with 'retina' display as I've had no end of issues with android tablets and there's so few tablet apps still keeping my nexus 5 mind you...not a fan of iOS on phones.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by stan23 View Post
    I'll only return mine if they come out with a 32GB version.
    Why not buy an SD card instead?

Quote Originally Posted by kalo88 View Post
    Returned mine today, tinny speakers, not a very bright screen and reboot issues sadly ended up buying an iPad mini with 'retina' display as I've had no end of issues with android tablets and there's so few tablet apps still keeping my nexus 5 mind you...not a fan of iOS on phones.

I agree the sound is a little muted without headphones, not sure about tinny, but like it wants to put out sound, but the speakers just aren't big enough. I don't necessarily use my tablet for sound anyway and if I would use it while traveling I would use headphones. So I have no issue with the sound. With the reboot issues, it sounds as if it was defective. I know getting a defective item is frustrating and it makes you just want to try something else, but there are defective items in all product lines, it doesn't matter if it's a Chinese tablet or an Apple product. Just be thankful that you didn't get a defective iPad Mini.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Yeah I agree with the muted sound, its like... it's only putting out 70% of the 'sound' and the rest can't escape

I had 2 LG G2's with the exact same issue, owned a nexus 4 and nexus 5 both made by LG which have been fine... but they haven't done the software side of it.

My first experience of 'Pure LG Devices' and they've all had issues so..... Jumped ship!

No. I won't return because I have no problems and I have no idea what the hell is BB. Every phone or tablet i was interested, cheap or expensive, had some issue and the top issue was battery life... I returned my nexus 2013 because didn't like it, but I didn't make a drama about it 😉

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by slowdyve; 11-12-2013 at 04:34 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    Drak_h likes this.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

BB is Best Buy, I know that and live in the UK :P

Quote Originally Posted by lwood11 View Post
    Why not buy an SD card instead?
    I do have an SD card installed, but you can't move apps over (plus the OCD side of me doesn't like apps run from external SD)

I'm glad im not an audiophile, the speakers sound great to me when playing games and videos
    Thanked by:

My first one went back for the blue line and light bleed issues. My 2nd one is perfect I love everything about this tablet. The sound to me seems on par with my other tablets, I will admit the screen is dimmer then other tablets but not to the point it is not usable.

I took it back after 1 week I got the blue line, was going to get another but didnt I opted for the note 8. So far I have to say, I am pretty happy, I acctually like the larger bezels, didnt think I would but I feel like its easier to hold without blocking the screen, the g pad is impressive, and I did enjoy the tab, but with so many blue line issues reported, I didnt want to wait for 4 months and it pop up again. Mine didnt show the line out of the box, infact it took almost a full week before it started, and im not opting for BB warranty bs for something that should work in the first place. Just didnt want to be bothered.

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I don't have the blue-line issue and I hope I don't get it. Keeping my fingers crossed. I also noticed how good the speakers sound to me. The sound is good and spacious, so much so the that the "Life is good." notification has actually freaked me out several.times because it's so clear.

G Pro
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I don't have the blue-line issue and I hope I don't get it. Keeping my fingers crossed. I also noticed how good the speakers sound to me. The sound is good and spacious, so much so the that the "Life is good." notification has actually freaked me out several.times because it's so clear.

G Pro
    Fo sho the gpad is almost perfect kn everyway, I would have kept mine if not for the "blue line of death" lol. Just dont want to gamble 350.00 to see if it comes back

Mine's going back due to light bleed issues.

While the speaker placement is kinda dumb, for my purposes it works.

Light bleed not my concern. I don't have any problems with brightness.

It's been very snappy. Lot snappier than my Galaxy S4.

Battery life works fine for me.

Not a single reboot or app compatibility issue. The only knock I have is "knock on" not totally consistent, otherwise I'm very pleased!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by davcole View Post
    While the speaker placement is kinda dumb, for my purposes it works.

Light bleed not my concern. I don't have any problems with brightness.

It's been very snappy. Lot snappier than my Galaxy S4.

Battery life works fine for me.

Not a single reboot or app compatibility issue. The only knock I have is "knock on" not totally consistent, otherwise I'm very pleased!

It's just as snappy as my G2 and the G Pad is using the 600 instead of the 800. I think LG did a really good job at optimizing their UI.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VideoEngineerAJS View Post
    It's just as snappy as my G2 and the G Pad is using the 600 instead of the 800. I think LG did a really good job at optimizing their UI.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk
    Agreed it's no where near as clunky as the Galaxy Tabs I played with.

Thanked by:

I sold my Galaxy Note 8 for this Tablet, and I don't regret it one bit. Don't get me wrong, the Note 8 is pretty good tablet, but it would freeze up on me every now and then, which caused me to have to reboot, or wait for it to register my inputs. Sure, the brightness on the Note 8 is much brighter than this tab, but the display on this tab is more "true to life" than any other tablet I have owned/used. Overall, the ONLY problem that I have had with this tablet is the brightness, but now that I keep my screen at 60% the screen is perfect for me, and my battery life is great! I'm a heavy gamer, and while gaming and watching movies throughout the day, I can easily make it without reaching for my charger until I go to bed.

As the tablet is right now, it works without any hitches for me, and that alone is really impressive!! Even my Ipad 3 would freeze up every now and then, but not this tablet.
    Thanked by:
    Drak_h likes this.