Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I wait for a price drop ?

I own a first generation nexus 7 and have been trying to find a replacement. This tablet has excellent specs plus micro SD which is perfect. I just think that $350 is too steep of a price. Do you think the price will drop before the holiday ? Will it ever be available on amazon ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Should I wait for a price drop ?

It might drop. Don't know though. We're only two weeks from Black Friday as it is. I would think any price drops that were going to occur are already being broadcast so people can "plan" for it in their upcoming shopping.

The fact that it was not on Best Buy's list of BF deals is telling in my book.

As for replacing the 2012 N7. I too replaced a 2012 N7 and all I can say is that this thing is even more of an upgrade than I thought it would be.

-Suntan

Quote Originally Posted by synchronous View Post
    I own a first generation nexus 7 and have been trying to find a replacement. This tablet has excellent specs plus micro SD which is perfect. I just think that $350 is too steep of a price. Do you think the price will drop before the holiday ? Will it ever be available on amazon ?

I don't know... at first I thought the price was a little steep, but after having it for a week now, I wish I would have gotten it sooner. I almost thought the Infinity Pad that I had was a waste of money because I barely used it because of the horrible lag, but I use my G Pad every single day. I think value is relative, if you make use of it everyday, I think this tablet is well worth the $350. It would have been nice for it to be more in the range of the Tab 3 8.0, but the specs on the G Pad are better. I'm starting to think that in the U.S. at least, Best Buy may have some sort of exclusivity period because they are the only store that has it.

Quote Originally Posted by VideoEngineerAJS View Post
    I'm starting to think that in the U.S. at least, Best Buy may have some sort of exclusivity period because they are the only store that has it.
    Newegg has it for sale.

Newegg.com - LG G Pad 8.3 Tablet - Quad-Core 2GB RAM 16GB Flash 8.3" Full HD Display Android 4.2, White (LGV500.AUSAWH)

-Suntan

If it was offered in more places I would think the price would drop. I think it will eventually... but it may be a few months

Newegg is offering 10% off on ALL tablets through Sunday. BB will match. I bought mine 10 days ago and my store said they will reimburse me the same $35 plus tax. And newegg is free ship and no tax.
    erwaso and synchronous like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Newegg is offering 10% off on ALL tablets through Sunday. BB will match. I bought mine 10 days ago and my store said they will reimburse me the same $35 plus tax. And newegg is free ship and no tax.
    How many days to price match? mine was bought 11/1

Quote Originally Posted by synchronous View Post

10% OFF and no rtax is awesome! take that or wait til a price drop. I couldnt wait. but then again i didnt pay for it lol
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Wow thanks guys, think I'm going to pull the trigger on the newegg offer.

Banned

Global Posts
    8,871 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10.2

Well, I can assure you it's a great tablet. Its performance is just stellar and blows away the competition while its so thin and light you'll feel as if you're just holding a screen. Very nice indeed.

G Pad 8.3

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    10% OFF and no rtax is awesome! take that or wait til a price drop. I couldnt wait. but then again i didnt pay for it lol
    Just checked into BB matching price, corp told me they will not due to using a cupon code.

Posted via Android Central App

Wait for a price drop, it really isn't any better than the Nexus 7, I had one the day the store carried them and returned it the next day , now the Nexus 7 has 4.4 its a no brainer, don't get me wrong the build quality is great and the screen size is perfect, but its not worth the extra money over the 32gb N7

To some. 4.4 is not a big deal at all. I'd be fine with 4.0
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,871 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by angry english View Post
    Wait for a price drop, it really isn't any better than the Nexus 7, I had one the day the store carried them and returned it the next day , now the Nexus 7 has 4.4 its a no brainer, don't get me wrong the build quality is great and the screen size is perfect, but its not worth the extra money over the 32gb N7

Are the Nexus 7 touchscreen performance issues resolved with 4.4? That is what really soiled the deal for me...and I tried a total of 5 devices, all with the same touchscreen non-responsiveness.

G2

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    To some. 4.4 is not a big deal at all. I'd be fine with 4.0
    If LG would have produced the same product and the same experience with something lower than 4.2.2, I don't think I would have cared either. I think LG has taken full advantage of their Nexus experiences though. Between my G2 and G Pad, this is the best technology experience that I've ever had and I'm a techie software engineer.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,871 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by VideoEngineerAJS View Post
    If LG would have produced the same product and the same experience with something lower than 4.2.2, I don't think I would have cared either. I think LG has taken full advantage of their Nexus experiences though. Between my G2 and G Pad, this is the best technology experience that I've ever had and I'm a techie software engineer.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk
    Amen to that. LG is doing a great job these days.

G2

Staples is offering $50 off samsung tab 3 8.0 and notes and other tabs and bb willmatch, bb also will match the newegg 10 percent. Bb matches ANY low price.

I have 4.4 on my 2012 N7, I much prefer the 8" screen over the newer rev.

But then, I've never gotten a stiffy over having the most current rev of software.

-Suntan

why would anyone try and price match at BB when you could order from Newegg with free shipping and no tax?
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,871 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
    why would anyone try and price match at BB when you could order from Newegg with free shipping and no tax?
    Sometimes right now, right this very moment is better than tomorrow or the next day.
    stevenkisor1 likes this.

After recently purchasing the G2 I've strongly been considering the G Pad as a replacement for my laggy 2012 Nexus 7. The HP Slate 8 Pro and Nexus 7 2013 LTE are also in the final running. I can't decide which, but earlier today my tablet screen turned off due to my short screen timer. I tried double tapping the screen to turn it on. It's little features like Knock On which make other OEM tablets more appealing than Nexus 7. Updates, when they come are cool, but they certainly don't have any fun hardware/software features like other OEMs.

I'm still slightly torn, but I think the G Pad is in the lead. It shouldn't matter because I rarely game, but I know the Tegra 4 is a better processor than the Snapdragon 600. Had they put a Snapdragon 800 I wouldn't be as torn.

Then there's the cool stylus function of the HP which is tightly coupled to the Tegra 4. You might think Samsung is for me, but for personal reasons I don't feel like supporting their company anymore.

Banned

Global Posts
    8,871 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Brown2 View Post
    After recently purchasing the G2 I've strongly been considering the G Pad as a replacement for my laggy 2012 Nexus 7. The HP Slate 8 Pro and Nexus 7 2013 LTE are also in the final running. I can't decide which, but earlier today my tablet screen turned off due to my short screen timer. I tried double tapping the screen to turn it on. It's little features like Knock On which make other OEM tablets more appealing than Nexus 7. Updates, when they come are cool, but they certainly don't have any fun hardware/software features like other OEMs.

I'm still slightly torn, but I think the G Pad is in the lead. It shouldn't matter because I rarely game, but I know the Tegra 4 is a better processor than the Snapdragon 600. Had they put a Snapdragon 800 I wouldn't be as torn.

Then there's the cool stylus function of the HP which is tightly coupled to the Tegra 4. You might think Samsung is for me, but for personal reasons I don't feel like supporting their company anymore.

I've had a GREAT experience with the G Pad. No issues whatsoever. Just great performance and high build quality and a devastatingly gorgeous screen. A highly recommended piece of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Are the Nexus 7 touchscreen performance issues resolved with 4.4? That is what really soiled the deal for me...and I tried a total of 5 devices, all with the same touchscreen non-responsiveness.

G2
    Yeah my nexus 7 is like a new tablet, this is my 3rd and was going back to Asus the day 4.4 came out, and it fixed everything, the N7 for me blows the G Pad away now it works

Banned

Global Posts
    8,871 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10.2

Hmmm...If I decide I really need an LTE tablet I may try it again. Sixth time is a charm...right? Right? ...but you'll pry my G Pad from my cold...dead...rotting...fingers.

G2
    erwaso likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by angry english View Post
    Yeah my nexus 7 is like a new tablet, this is my 3rd and was going back to Asus the day 4.4 came out, and it fixed everything, the N7 for me blows the G Pad away now it works

because it has 4.4?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast