Knock knock! Who's there?

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I just played with LG pad at Best Buy. I have a couple qs to users.
1. Is there a way to turn off the animation at lock screen? It takes to long to turn on the tablet.
2. Also it it normal that the screen turns on when I move/shake the device? Sometimes it seemed to turn on by itself for no reason. Maybe it was just the display unit. Anyway the lock screen is very irritating. But otherwise i love the tablet.
Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for reply. I checked every menu but no such option. If anyone knows of them, please let me know. I can stand start up animation. But the shake screen on feature must be a battery killer and is a deal breaker for me. :(

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't use a lock screen at all. Speeds up the whole process.

As for turning on when shaken, I have not noticed that at all. It will turn on if you are accidentally double tapping the screen though.

-Suntan

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
i have a PIN password to get in. What animation are you talking about?

No shake to wake here. might be the charger disconnecting and reconnecting when shaking.

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
The store unit I saw had a longish animation of a fist knocking, than hand and finger touching screen every time at unlocking. Then lock screen shortcuts appeared slowly. Could have been just for demo purposes on this display unit.

Shake to wake - I don't know. I unplugged it, thinking it might be the plug. But it kept happening. Strange. I guess I'll buy it and see what happens. Best Buy is close enough in any case. :)

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Man you are lucky you found one at BestBuy I have been to many (even ones that show stock online) and they don't have them up as display units :-(

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Man you are lucky you found one at BestBuy I have been to many (even ones that show stock online) and they don't have them up as display units :-(

I went yesterday to buy an sd card and they didn't have any display units either, probably got picked up and sold out after i bought mine. They did have about a hundred galaxy tab 3 7,8 and 10 and surface 2s though :)

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

When I got mine, the store had it on its own little display. It was no where close to the N7 for people that want to actually look at them side-by-side, but it was out on display.

Of course the kid in the store told me they didn't have stock of the black one. So I walked 10 feet over to the customer service desk, showed her their website which said they had it in stock, then waited for her to tell the kid to actually look in the cabinets and find a black one. ...Best Buy blue shirts ftw. :confused:

-Suntan

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Well I had to visit 3 stores, and got lucky on the third try. Not only did they have one on display, they also had black ones in stock, I was told several of them. So I guess I'm going back there tonight to pick up one. And you're right - Samsung has at least two dedicated displays at every store, and dozens of their tablets and phones there...

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I just kinda love the G Pad 8.3. It just works so well, without any hickups. It just does whatever I want it to exceedingly well and says a lot about LG, in my book, because I expect my toys to do all kinds of stuff, whatever I can dream up. That's more rare than you'd think in an Android tablet in 2013.

Heck, it even serves the bluetooth keyboard and mouse miles and miles better than any Samsung tablet I've had (Note 8.0, '12 Note 10.1, '14 Note 10.1). I'm just a happy G Pad owner.

G Pad 8.3

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I just kinda love the G Pad 8.3. It just works so well, without any hickups. It just does whatever I want it to exceedingly well and says a lot about LG, in my book, because I expect my toys to do all kinds of stuff, whatever I can dream up. That's more rare than you'd think in an Android tablet in 2013.

Heck, it even serves the bluetooth keyboard and mouse miles and miles better than any Samsung tablet I've had (Note 8.0, '12 Note 10.1, '14 Note 10.1). I'm just a happy G Pad owner.

G Pad 8.3

Which bt keyboard are you using?

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I went yesterday to buy an sd card and they didn't have any display units either, probably got picked up and sold out after i bought mine. They did have about a hundred galaxy tab 3 7,8 and 10 and surface 2s though :)

Yeah I wasn't happy when I saw multiple samsung tabs that were the same thing... what is the point? I will give it a week or two and try again

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Just to finish this thread which I started a few days ago. So I bought the LG Pad 8.3, and after day 1 I could not be happier. It is snappy as hell! It has beautiful bright screen, loud speakers (for a small device), and overall works as smooth as my N4, if not better. And the answer to my two questions:
1. The animation at start up was indeed only a demo on the in-store display unit.
2. The shake-to-wake does not exist, and must have been some sort of a fault of that display unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL