Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    6,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: My $259 LG G Pad running 4.4.2 Kitkat, no reason to buy the GPe if you already have one

I haven't noticed any lag that effects my experience enough for me to notice lag. You're prolly just sharper than me.

gp8.3
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Default Re: My $259 LG G Pad running 4.4.2 Kitkat, no reason to buy the GPe if you already have one

I am running both versions of the G Pad tablets, side by side as I write this, and I do not see any lag between the LG skin and the Kit Kat skin. Maybe there are some floating out there with OS issues, but both of mine work flawlessly, which helps to explain why I have both and can't decide on keeping one versus the other.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Aredubu View Post
    I am running both versions of the G Pad tablets, side by side as I write this, and I do not see any lag between the LG skin and the Kit Kat skin. Maybe there are some floating out there with OS issues, but both of mine work flawlessly, which helps to explain why I have both and can't decide on keeping one versus the other.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4
    Then go by price. I assume you paid a bit more for the GPE. Ask yourself if it's worth the price delta. That may help you decide.

My original version G Pad is also lag free. Coming from Samsung devices, I was extremely surprised at how smooth this tablet actually is. I like some of LG's features too.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
    Cool thanks.

Newegg doesn't allow returns without a restocking fee though right? (for non-defective items). Best Buy is pretty good about it so I generally buy from them. I'm guessing the price will go down again soon.
    Should have responded to this sooner but meant you can price match through best by. It's 329 on newegg now but maybe next time it drops somewhere just have best buy price match. I always buy through them as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Pressing Power and the Down buttons simultaneously does not do anything on this device, like it does on the GPE version. How do I restart the original G Pad to the bootloader screen with the little green android on it please?

Quote Originally Posted by Aredubu View Post
    Pressing Power and the Down buttons simultaneously does not do anything on this device, like it does on the GPE version. How do I restart the original G Pad to the bootloader screen with the little green android on it please?
    I assume you're doing this while the unit is turned off and holding the two buttons for up to 30 seconds?

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Yes...Power off and held Power button and Volume Down up to 60 seconds. Nothing. What am I missing?

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

On a related note, just saw this...

Sent from my LG-V500 using AC Forums mobile app

My 9 LG G Pad running 4.4.2 Kitkat, no reason to buy the GPe if you already have one-1393740945054.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1393740945054.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	106409

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Expired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang and I'm ready to order!!!!!!!!!!

Yea i didn't think it would last long. Thats a savings of 125$ Still 279$ aint horible
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

I wonder how often they run that special?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12