Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default LG G Pad 8.3: Good case yet?

    Anyone discover/found a good case yet? Preferably a smart case that protects the corners?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-28-2014 at 07:55 AM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    I ordered this today, looks like it protects the corners and the price is right. But I won't know till it comes in.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    Anybody?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    I just ordered this one - - which is expected to arrive on Friday. So long as I remember this thread I will try to post my opinion and will write a review on Amazon.

    One thing of concern in advance is that it seems the design will block the speakers when used as a stand and when folded back for hand held use. I am surprised that other reviewers have not raised that point. I am hoping it will not create a significant issue. Most of my use of the tablet is for visual interaction rather than audio, so it may be no big deal for me. Still, I shall try to provide an opinion once I have the case in hand.

    EDIT : Discussion about the same case here -
    Last edited by timdodd; 12-18-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by timdodd View Post
    I just ordered this one - - which is expected to arrive on Friday. So long as I remember this thread I will try to post my opinion and will write a review on Amazon.

    One thing of concern in advance is that it seems the design will block the speakers when used as a stand and when folded back for hand held use. I am surprised that other reviewers have not raised that point. I am hoping it will not create a significant issue. Most of my use of the tablet is for visual interaction rather than audio, so it may be no big deal for me. Still, I shall try to provide an opinion once I have the case in hand.

    EDIT : Discussion about the same case here -
    Hi, just got this case today (& my G pad!) and I think it's great - nice solid build. Don't notice it covering the speakers when on the stand, if you make sure the last fold is almost vertical it snaps onto the magnet which holds it firm and leaves a gap for the speakers. Using it handheld with cover folded flat does slightly muffle the sound but I don't find it a big deal, just turn it up a bit. cheers alfie
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by alfienoakes View Post
    Hi, just got this case today (& my G pad!) and I think it's great - nice solid build. Don't notice it covering the speakers when on the stand, if you make sure the last fold is almost vertical it snaps onto the magnet which holds it firm and leaves a gap for the speakers. Using it handheld with cover folded flat does slightly muffle the sound but I don't find it a big deal, just turn it up a bit. cheers alfie
    So what are your impressions of the G Pad itself?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    I like it very much. I was a little concerned after reading about thin blue lines and yellowish screens that it would end up being returned but mine seems fine. In fact, the build is great and feels premium. I came from a galaxy tab 10.1 so also wondered if the size would seem too small but it's perfect, and fast, great screen, I can't fault it - well almost - my only slight quibble, which others have noted too, is the screen could do with being a touch brighter I kinda feel another 25% would make it perfect when using outdoors. cheers alfie
    Thanked by 2:
  9. #9  
    jeff327's Avatar

    Posts
    258 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff327 View Post
    I received the case I can definitely recommend this. It may be a little higher in price than other cases out there but I think it is a quality build case that adds very little thickness to the G pad itself. Some of the reviews on Amazon said there are issues standing the case up. I did not find these same issues and have no problem using the case on any tested surface so far. The case turns on and off the tablet when it is opened or closed. If I was to find one fault with the case it would be there is no magnet holding the open flap to the tablet. So, depending on how you hold it the open part of the case can flap around. All and all I am very happy with the case and would recommend it. FYI. The case itself is very similar to the Samsung Note 10.1 cases. Both the original and older Note 10.1 cases. So, you can see those cases at Best Buy and really determine if this case is for you. The only real difference is the size itself.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by alfienoakes View Post
    I like it very much. I was a little concerned after reading about thin blue lines and yellowish screens that it would end up being returned but mine seems fine. In fact, the build is great and feels premium. I came from a galaxy tab 10.1 so also wondered if the size would seem too small but it's perfect, and fast, great screen, I can't fault it - well almost - my only slight quibble, which others have noted too, is the screen could do with being a touch brighter I kinda feel another 25% would make it perfect when using outdoors. cheers alfie
    Thanks, alfie. You addressed a lot of my concerns. And I'm upgrading from a 7 inch tablet and was wondering if 8.3 in is a big enough screen. I was considering the Nexus 10, too. But you had no issue coming down from 10 inch screen to 8.3 - so I feel confident that 7 to 8.3 is a good jump for me.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff327 View Post
    Some of the reviews on Amazon said there are issues standing the case up.
    I was one of the reviewers who said that. Apparently, the early batch of cases was missing the tab on the back. The manufacturer offered to correct the problem, but I don't need the stand part, so I declined. Overall, I'm very happy with the case. It doesn't add much weigh to the tablet, it looks nice, the awake/sleep magnet works well. The only negative is the high price, but given the lack of quality cases, I decided that I was willing to pay more. I can't stand cases that cover the bezel or stretch out of shape, and I don't have to worry about that with this VOIA case.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by timdodd View Post
    I just ordered this one - - which is expected to arrive on Friday. So long as I remember this thread I will try to post my opinion and will write a review on Amazon.

    One thing of concern in advance is that it seems the design will block the speakers when used as a stand and when folded back for hand held use. I am surprised that other reviewers have not raised that point. I am hoping it will not create a significant issue. Most of my use of the tablet is for visual interaction rather than audio, so it may be no big deal for me. Still, I shall try to provide an opinion once I have the case in hand.

    EDIT : Discussion about the same case here -
    Quote Originally Posted by alfienoakes View Post
    Hi, just got this case today (& my G pad!) and I think it's great - nice solid build. Don't notice it covering the speakers when on the stand, if you make sure the last fold is almost vertical it snaps onto the magnet which holds it firm and leaves a gap for the speakers. Using it handheld with cover folded flat does slightly muffle the sound but I don't find it a big deal, just turn it up a bit. cheers alfie
    That looks/sounds pretty good. Thanks for the suggestion and tip.

    For those in the U.S., judging by the pictures, this appears to be the same item from the U.S. amazon site:
    Amazon.com: IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case for LG G PAD 8.3 Edition Tablet with Auto Sleep/Wake Function (Black): Computers & Accessories
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by lets_go_android View Post
    That looks/sounds pretty good. Thanks for the suggestion and tip.

    For those in the U.S., judging by the pictures, this appears to be the same item from the U.S. amazon site:
    Amazon.com: IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case for LG G PAD 8.3 Edition Tablet with Auto Sleep/Wake Function (Black): Computers & Accessories
    I got this case, it is just as heavy as the G Pad itself! Only put out on for a minute to check it out because the pad had to go under the Christmas tree. But my first thoughts are out should protect the tablet good enough but not sure about the weight and the way the cover folks back. Will have to use it a couple days to see if I really like it.

    Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    I've also got the Ivso case and find it fine. Its just survived a drunken weekend at the casino.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    I got this case, it is just as heavy as the G Pad itself! Only put out on for a minute to check it out because the pad had to go under the Christmas tree. But my first thoughts are out should protect the tablet good enough but not sure about the weight and the way the cover folks back. Will have to use it a couple days to see if I really like it.

    Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    I still think the case is a little heavy but I guess if you want good protection thats what you get. So far I like it, works good as a stand and seems like it is pretty sturdy to protect it.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    I have both the IVSO and the VOIA standing case. As mentioned the IVSO is a bit heavier than the VOIA case. I would say it's definitely noticeable. The VOIA almost adds no weight to the G Pad whatsoever. However the 3 things the IVSO case has going for it is that it has the magnetic cover, provides a little bit more protection around the top and bottom and is half the price of the VOIA. However, I still like the VOIA case a lot. If it only would have had a stronger magnet to keep the cover closed it would be a total winner. Plan to use each for a week or two to see which I like more.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    Are there any hard cases about? Too many of my friends have had tablets die due to being bashed, despite being in one of those basic faux leather cases. I've currently got a Nexus 7 2012 in a great EVA hard case from iGadgitz, and am thinking of getting an LG Pad, but iGadgitz don't make cases for the LG Pad, and I'm not sure I'd trust those flimsy-looking ones. I'm in the UK, incidentally.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    should fit, although it might be a little too wide. The tablet does get strapped in with velcro, so would that matter? It's for a Galaxy Note (211 x 136 x 8mm) or Motorola Xoom 2 (217 x 140 x 9mm), and the G Pad is 217 x 127 x 8mm.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    I've finally found what I feel to be a quality case, not cheap and bought from amazon UK.



    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
  20. #20  
    fgcchevy's Avatar

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    I had the ivso, but didn't like that it scratched my screen protector. I got this case , protects well and is rotating, so I can use in portrait or landscape mode

    http://www.amazon.com/LK-Rotating-Ma...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

    Posted via Android Central App
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    I had the ivso, but didn't like that it scratched my screen protector. I got this case , protects well and is rotating, so I can use in portrait or landscape mode

    http://www.amazon.com/LK-Rotating-Ma...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

    Posted via Android Central App
    How did it scratch your screen protector? I have the IVSO case and have no problem like that what do ever. The only thing I really don't care for about the IVSO is that's is almost as heavy as the tablet itself. Other than that I'm very happy with it.

    Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    I had the ivso, but didn't like that it scratched my screen protector. I got this case , protects well and is rotating, so I can use in portrait or landscape mode

    http://www.amazon.com/LK-Rotating-Ma...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

    Posted via Android Central App
    Did you order this case? I like the look of it too. Would l be interesting to hear from anybody that has it.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranny99 View Post
    I've finally found what I feel to be a quality case, not cheap and bought from amazon UK.



    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    Sorry, my previous post was in error. I meant to refer to this case..

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    I'm sitting in a casino with the g pad in this case and its quality, I was never sure the iveco was protecting right, I have confidence with this.

    Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Good case yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranny99 View Post
    I'm sitting in a casino with the g pad in this case and its quality, I was never sure the iveco was protecting right, I have confidence with this.

    Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
    Which case?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Xoom LTE to Note 10.1 (2014) WiFi only -- need good maps and navigation
    By Scott8881 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 02:24 PM
  2. Best case available for the N3 now?
    By aspenedelen in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-29-2013, 09:35 PM
  3. Childproof case
    By markgoldie in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-24-2013, 09:47 PM
  4. Good commercial
    By Photon4glover in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2013, 10:23 AM
  5. Kids case for Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
    By markgoldie in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2013, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

B