Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Haalcyon
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G Pad 8.3: Yellow band at top of screen, to return or not?

Just got the Play edition yesterday and I have a half inch yellow band across the top of the screen(Right side in this pic) closest to the LG emblem. Its not terrible, but always worry about returning and getting something worse. Really only noticeable on white background.

LG G Pad 8.3: Yellow band at top of screen, to return or not?-imag0172_1.jpg
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-16-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Global Posts
    6,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Yellow band at top of screen, to return or not?

I would return that. I don't think display issues are common for LG so I doubt you'll receive one with something worse.

g2
    Live long and prosper.

ffejjj likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Im seriously considering just returning it rather than exchange. After more searching, LG makes the Ipad air screens and they are having this same issue rampant for them. Plus there are several posts on XDA with the G pad having yellow areas on screen, mainly at the top like my pic.

I have the g pad as well and so far it's very nice with no yellow tinting like you've described

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    6,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by gerrya View Post
    Im seriously considering just returning it rather than exchange. After more searching, LG makes the Ipad air screens and they are having this same issue rampant for them. Plus there are several posts on XDA with the G pad having yellow areas on screen, mainly at the top like my pic.
    I understand the frustration but I still don't think its an issue affecting most of their screens. Perhaps they've become aware of the issue and have corrected it in production...perhaps not yet.

CM on OgPro
    Live long and prosper.

Just got mine today. And right at the moment I power on the tablet, I noticed the yellow band on the top and also at the bottom. I already filed a complaint to the online store which I bought the tablet and hopefully they'll replace the item ASAP.

LG G Pad 8.3: Yellow band at top of screen, to return or not?-lg-g-pad-screen-discoloration.jpg
    LG G Pad 8.3: Yellow band at top of screen, to return or not?-dsc_3733.jpg
    LG G Pad 8.3: Yellow band at top of screen, to return or not?-dsc_3734.jpg

I would not settle for that either.

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I ended up just returning mine with that. Ill wait for another 8 inch tablet with a screen that is similar in quality to the Nexus 7. Besides the brightness issues the contrast is not any good even if you manually turn up the brightness. The LG screen just does not have the "Wow" factor that other tablets have.

Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3: Yellow band at top of screen, to return or not?

Quote Originally Posted by gerrya View Post
    I ended up just returning mine with that. Ill wait for another 8 inch tablet with a screen that is similar in quality to the Nexus 7. Besides the brightness issues the contrast is not any good even if you manually turn up the brightness. The LG screen just does not have the "Wow" factor that other tablets have.
    Samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4 might be for you. I heard the screen is out of this world crisp.

Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3: Yellow band at top of screen, to return or not?

I have a different issue (and a GPE version) but it still pertains to the screen. I have what appears to be a dead zone on the screen. I think I'll have to do an RMA. I hadn't heard of anything like this about this screen yet. Otherwise I love this tablet.