1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SD card problems

Suddenly I am unable to write to the SD card. Copying files doesn't work and I cannot create a folder. I have formatted the card in my PC and through settlings. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: SD card problems

But the external SD card is still recognized? For example, if you go to Settings>Storage, you still see stats for the external SD? What happens if you Unmount the SD card from that menu, remove it, then reinsert it? I wonder if it might have gotten unseated somehow.

Yeah, we need more info. Can you write to the SD card on the PC? What format is the card in?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    But the external SD card is still recognized? For example, if you go to Settings>Storage, you still see stats for the external SD? What happens if you Unmount the SD card from that menu, remove it, then reinsert it? I wonder if it might have gotten unseated somehow.
    Yes, it can be seen and "erased". I have the same problem with both cards I tried. A 32 GB and 16gb. Both work fine in the PC but cannot create a folder using es explorer or root file explorer. When I tried to copy a folder on it says "coy failed"

Check the format of the card. G Pad does not support NTFS. It must be either FAT32 or exFat.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by cbb77 View Post
    Check the format of the card. G Pad does not support NTFS. It must be either FAT32 or exFat.
    It is fat32

Quote Originally Posted by revjong View Post
    It is fat32
    Which folder are you trying to copy? How big is it? There may not be enough free space on the card.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

HELP! all the information so far in one post.... can anyone help?

I have a GPE and I am unable to write to the SD card. Copying files doesn't work and I cannot create a folder. I have formatted the card as fat32 in my PC and "erased" the card through settings. I have the same problem with both cards I tried. A 32 GB and 16gb. Both work fine in the PC but cannot create a folder using es explorer or root file explorer. When I tried to copy a folder on it says "copy failed"

It gets even weirder...

If I try to write anything to it from the tablet, no matter how big or small, it refuses. I cannot create a folder on the sd card from the tablet. But when I connect the tablet to my PC I can write to and create folders on the sd card... I tried using DS file (a file explorer from synology) and tried to create a folder and was told "you don't have privilege"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Are you rooted? Which folder or file are you trying to copy? It may have DRM protection.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thank you for your help...
    Yes I am rooted and I cannot even create an empty folder...

Hmm, sounds like you may have a bad unit. Possible incompatible SD cards but I doubt it. Only last option I would try before returning it would be to see if you can get someone to lend you an SD card to see if also experiences the same thing. I would just pop their card in and see if you can create a folder as you're currently trying. If same issue, then you have a defective unit. If it works, then it's something in how you are formatting and erasing the card on your PC. Thus the suggestion to get a card from someone else that is known to be working.

Just to be clear, do you have the standard LG G Pad or the Google Play edition? I ask as there is a known issue with SD Cards on the GPE version. If you have the GPE version, review the fix at this link

Thanked by:

I got 99 problems but an SD card ain't 1

Sorry, I had to do it. Hope you can get it fixed.
    I customized my signature using Motomaker