Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default g2 plus gpad questions for those who have both.

    I don't have both but looking to trade my one for the g2. Question. I know on gpad you can Bluetooth a phone to tablet to use the network from phone. I haven't got it to work on any of my other phones.. one.. moto x.. maxx . Wasn't sure if the g2 it actually works and doesn't require subscription ?

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: g2 plus gpad questions for those who have both.

    My gpad and g pro work fine using qpair.

    Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: g2 plus gpad questions for those who have both.

    Does it allow you to use your phones network for the gpad without paying tether subscription

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  
    Garghas's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

    Default Re: g2 plus gpad questions for those who have both.

    Never heard of such a thing as a "tether subscription"... but no, theres no subscrition, it's all free, and works with almost every model of android, doesnt need to be an LG
  5. #5  
    oesjmr's Avatar

    Posts
    50 Posts
    ROM
    DecksGB 1.3, Tiamat 3.3.7

    Default Re: g2 plus gpad questions for those who have both.

    I think it depends on your carrier. I have the Sprint G2 without a tether subscription. QPair does not allow me to share my phone's Internet connection with the G Pad due to this.
  6. #6  
    Garghas's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

    Default Re: g2 plus gpad questions for those who have both.

    Quote Originally Posted by oesjmr View Post
    I think it depends on your carrier. I have the Sprint G2 without a tether subscription. QPair does not allow me to share my phone's Internet connection with the G Pad due to this.
    Jesus, you ppl in America have to pay for everything... Over here I have a determined ammount of traffic allowed on my phone (1Gb at the moment with my subscription) and Im free to do with it the hell I want, including share it with whoever I want and with the devices I want...
    Really, I pay for my internet, isnt it mine to share freely?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: g2 plus gpad questions for those who have both.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garghas View Post
    Jesus, you ppl in America have to pay for everything... Over here I have a determined ammount of traffic allowed on my phone (1Gb at the moment with my subscription) and Im free to do with it the hell I want, including share it with whoever I want and with the devices I want...
    Really, I pay for my internet, isnt it mine to share freely?
    Lol 1gb would last me about two days.

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
  8. #8  
    Garghas's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

    Default Re: g2 plus gpad questions for those who have both.

    Quote Originally Posted by phoneaddict78 View Post
    Lol 1gb would last me about two days.

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
    Yeah, for me it's more than enough since its for email while on the road mainly, both in work and home I have WiFi. But thats not the point here, the point is that I can share my measly 1gb with every device =P
  9. #9  

    Default Re: g2 plus gpad questions for those who have both.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garghas View Post
    Yeah, for me it's more than enough since its for email while on the road mainly, both in work and home I have WiFi. But thats not the point here, the point is that I can share my measly 1gb with every device =P
    You can in America, too, if you're on a capped data or shared data plan. There was a federal court case that stated carriers could not charge you for tethering on these plans. For those of us with unlimited data still, we have to pay for tethering. $30 on Verizon.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: g2 plus gpad questions for those who have both.

    I have my G2 on Verizon and it does not allow me to use the data connect to my GPad via bluetooth either. I just have them both rooted and installed work arounds.

Similar Threads

  1. Found a fix for One S audio jack problems.
    By Mollie Tillman in forum HTC One S
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 08:42 AM
  2. Contacts Not Working for Samsung Galaxy Light
    By simursmack in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 04:59 PM
  3. How do I use the built-in video editor on the G2?
    By RRHMJ23 in forum Sprint LG G2
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 12:14 PM
  4. pg59img.zip for radio 11.16.3504.20_2 please help!
    By npunk42 in forum T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 02:11 PM
  5. Galaxy S4: Looking for new Case
    By dgr8h in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Accessories
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 06:41 PM

Posting Permissions

B