G Pad 8.3: Is the brightness that much of an issue?

Emac4444

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I've heard that on the G Pad 8.3, the screen is a little dim. Could anyone who has one tell me if it is noticeable and if there is anything else that annoys them, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

timdodd

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is the brightness that much of an issue?

The G Pad will not go as bright as some devices when turned up to the max, but that is irrelevant if you only need a lower brightness in any case. My car does not compete with a Ferrari on top speed and I couldn't care less as it is fast enough for me. It's the same thing with the G Pad. It doesn't have to be the brightest machine on the market. It only need to be bright enough. I typically use mine at 30%, leaving plenty of spare capacity if I want brighter.

muiriddin

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

The auto brightness setting seems to keep things dimmer than my other devices. If I simply turn off auto brightness and manage it myself while using the tablet inside, I've been very happy with the screen on my device.

allbroncos

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

The auto brightness setting seems to keep things dimmer than my other devices.

After auto brightness is selected, you can still change the brightness with the slider. Not sure if this changes the base for auto setting or not, might give that a try.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

People are really picky . I had concern too prior to getting the gpad exchanged form a retina mini. I'm not really finding any problem with it .

Posted via Android Central App

stujoe

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I keep mine at forty or fifty percent for most of my use. Less when reading at night. Don't have much occasion too use it outdoors so I can't say about that.

SiBlackwell

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm really picky with stuff like this. I've had my G Pad for a few days now and cannot understand people's concern on this. Auto brightness is crap on this device and makes it dim, but just turn it off and set it somewhere about 75-85% and you're sweet.

mrstarzan

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm really picky with stuff like this. I've had my G Pad for a few days now and cannot understand people's concern on this. Auto brightness is crap on this device and makes it dim, but just turn it off and set it somewhere about 75-85% and you're sweet.

My thoughts exactly! Plenty bright and auto setting is annoying. I use Lux and problem solved. 100% brightness is too bright unless outside.

Sent from my LG-V500 using AC Forums mobile app

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
If just ordered this and I'm expecting it tomorrow. I hope that the brightness isn't too much of an issue for me. In terms of my other devices, I absolutely detest auto brightness. One of the first things I do is to turn it off. I also never have anything above 30 % brightness so I suppose that I like dimmer settings.

7ec98d5149327205fb73175d9cf448f6.jpg

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I honestly can't see why so many people are complaining about the screen on their gpad. Like a previous post stated, you don't use it next to other devices so who cares?

I have the Google play edition, and the screen is phenomenal. I never have needed the brightness all the way up, the resolution is so crisp, and the white look plenty white. I actually found the screen to be much better than the blueish tint on my galaxy s4.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I really like the G Pad and the brightness is a non issue for me

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Was a non issue for me until i tried watching Walking Dead, most the scenes at night or in the dark prison tunnels were TOO dark. BUT lux lite fixed that issue quick. So back to non issue lol

poenakoning

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Just got my G Pad and first post
The brightness works fine for me
I am more concerned about the yellow tinge on the screen
When I compare it to just about every other tablet, it looks like the G Pad 8.3 have Yellow Jaundice ;-)

Hope there is a calibration improvement in the next update

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what you are going to do with it and what level of clarity you are looking for. Even though I have been happy with my G-Pad 8.3 if I were in the market right now, I would go with the Samsung Tab Pro 8.4.. I just feel it's clarity is unmatched.. and for me the interaction with the screen is what it's all about. whether its Gaming, Movies or Reading.

DAMN_zps387255f7.jpg