Does the G Pad (and other tablets) have GPS capability?

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have never owned a tablet. I bought the lgg2 in Dec and love it. Now I am looking into tablets. I obviously am looing at the LGg Pad. I have a newbie question: Do tablets come with GPS like phones? I want to be able to use navigation, weather apps, and such that uses GPS. And if so, does the Lgg Pad have it? And is there anything my phone can do [other than talk and text] that the pad cannot do?
Thanks all for your help

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Aside from non-data cellular services (i.e. voice, SMS/MMS), tablets can do just about everything that phones can. Most tablets do include GPS receivers, and the G Pad is no exception. If you take a look at the LG G Pad page on the LG site, it lists GPS under Technical Specifications > Connectivity.

You'll be able to use turn-by-turn navigation if you have cellular data or internet-enabled WiFi to connect to while on the move. You can also save map sections for offline use in many popular map apps, Google Maps included. I've heard good things about Sygic's offline navigation, but haven't used it myself.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74