Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ffejjj
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G Pad 8.3: power cord

Does anyone know if the power cord I have for my Lgg2 would also work on the lg g pad?
    Thanks
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-01-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Default Re: power cord

I can't say for certain but 99.9% of the time any mini USB cord/charger will work between smartphones/devices. I've used HTC cords/chargers on Samsung and vise versa, same goes for using Blackberry or old Palm chargers on my newer Android stuff.

Only thing it might affect is charge times, if the charger/cord is rated at a lower amperage than the stock/OEM cord it may charge at a slower rate.

But never the less this is a good question and was worth asking

Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Default Re: power cord

Quote Originally Posted by techie5 View Post
    Does anyone know if the power cord I have for my Lgg2 would also work on the lg g pad?
    Thanks
    I interchange my G2 and Gpad cords all the time with no ill affect.
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    Paul627g likes this.

Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3: power cord

Quote Originally Posted by techie5 View Post
    Thanks
    When I got my G-Pad I used the supplied AC adapter, but used the USB cord from my Note 2 because its longer, almost 6 ft. I was rather unhappy with the charge time, but accepted it.
    One day I was changing cables around, and finally used the USB cable that was supplied with the G-Pad. And I made this cable change during a charge cycle of the unit. The battery charge graph (under battery options) changed dramatically! I know this sounds unreal, and unless I saw that graph line change from a 15 degree incline to a 45 degree incline, I would not have believed it myself. The only explanation I could think of, would be the guage of the wire in the Samsung Note 2 vs LG's.
    I made this comment in a different thread last month or so, and another person responded that they also had the same results.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by: