- 03-01-2014, 10:33 AM #2
Re: power cord
I can't say for certain but 99.9% of the time any mini USB cord/charger will work between smartphones/devices. I've used HTC cords/chargers on Samsung and vise versa, same goes for using Blackberry or old Palm chargers on my newer Android stuff.
Only thing it might affect is charge times, if the charger/cord is rated at a lower amperage than the stock/OEM cord it may charge at a slower rate.
But never the less this is a good question and was worth asking
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
- 03-01-2014, 10:49 AM #3
- 03-02-2014, 08:12 PM #4
- 32 Posts
Re: LG G Pad 8.3: power cord
One day I was changing cables around, and finally used the USB cable that was supplied with the G-Pad. And I made this cable change during a charge cycle of the unit. The battery charge graph (under battery options) changed dramatically! I know this sounds unreal, and unless I saw that graph line change from a 15 degree incline to a 45 degree incline, I would not have believed it myself. The only explanation I could think of, would be the guage of the wire in the Samsung Note 2 vs LG's.
I made this comment in a different thread last month or so, and another person responded that they also had the same results.
Posted via Android Central App
- By tacdroid in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 5Last Post: 03-11-2014, 09:05 PM
- By Luke Underhill in forum Nexus 4 AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 03-01-2014, 06:09 PM
- By techie5 in forum LG G2Replies: 15Last Post: 02-28-2014, 09:03 PM
- By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 12Last Post: 02-25-2014, 03:48 PM
- By Ry in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 02-24-2014, 02:48 PM