Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DCSholtis
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G Pad 8.3: HEADS UP! Newegg selling open box G Pads for $209.99 right now

Newegg.com - Open Box: LG G Pad 8.3 Tablet - Quad-Core 2GB RAM 16GB Flash 8.3" Full HD Display Android 4.2, Black (LGV500.AUSABK)

After falling out with Samsung and the pro line I decided I was changing tablets again, and at this price it's a no brainer!

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Wow! Thanks for the heads up! Looks like my iPad is gonna get replaced and sold!

Mika Kat likes this.

Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3: HEADS UP! Newegg selling open box G Pads for $209.99 right now

Quote Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post
    Wow! Thanks for the heads up! Looks like my iPad is gonna get replaced and sold!

Best desicion you ever made...apple blows. Get the g pad its pretty awesome. I love mine. I sort of wish I got the black instead of the white. Oh well.

Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3: HEADS UP! Newegg selling open box G Pads for $209.99 right now

Quote Originally Posted by Mika Kat View Post
    Best desicion you ever made...apple blows. Get the g pad its pretty awesome. I love mine. I sort of wish I got the black instead of the white. Oh well.

And of course I waited and is now out of stock.... Damnit

Does it come with a warranty?

Careful, it says the boxes may or may not contain everything you need. Maybe no charger or it could be damaged.

For only $75 more you can get a brand new one with a warranty from Amazon. Mine is being delivered today.

Brand new is $229 today, no coupon needed i think.

I have the worst luck. They had that sale 3 weeks ago but I didn't want to buy it without looking at it in a store first. By the time I saw it the sale was over.

I waited until last Friday to see if the price would drop... nope, it was $319 so I went with the one for $280 on Amazon.

Check Monday morning, still listed at $299.99. I was disappointed that I missed the sale but I accepted it..... and now this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Yup and bestbuy will price match the $229

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Contact amazon chat, tell them that newegg have the same product for $229 so you woukd like to return yours, 9/10 they will match it and give you back the difference, ive done it 5 or 6 times

Thanked by:

10-15mins on the phone will save you $70!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angry english View Post
    Yup and bestbuy will price match the $229

Overpriced at $350, a steal at $225. I just got the KitKat update and trying to find out how to make my micro SD card work again (didn't use it for much anyway but would still like to have it available).
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

What do you mean by it doesnt work? just so i know what to look for on mine, ive got music and pictures on mine and some apk`s and they all work without issue

No luck. The order was fulfilled by Amazon but it was actually sold by another seller. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by trivor View Post
    Overpriced at $350, a steal at $225. I just got the KitKat update and trying to find out how to make my micro SD card work again (didn't use it for much anyway but would still like to have it available).
    Is it randomly unmounting?

Or are you talking about the whole write to sd card issue?

Out of stock.... Damn that was fast!

Quote Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post
    Back up to 229.99.

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts

It's working now - had to take it out, reformat (may not have been necessary), recopied my music collection to it and seems to be working fine now. The LG camera app allows saving to SD (I guess that it was rewritten for 4.4. Music and video apps both work with SD.

Quote Originally Posted by angry english View Post
    What do you mean by it doesnt work? just so i know what to look for on mine, ive got music and pictures on mine and some apk`s and they all work without issue
    Open box now $239.00 ordered one for myself today