Got KitKat V50020b today in the U. S.

getmealive

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
to those with sd card unmounting issue:

Did you unmount the card before updating? I'm told leaving it in during an update can cause this

Yes..you better unmounted your SD card before update to kit Kat. I have sd card unmounted issue where it unmount itself without any warning. To fix this I have to reboot the g pad.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

cybertec69

Banned
Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I also got it, now it says that kit Kat does not allow apps to load additional data to the external SD card, I use MapFactor Navigator which let's you download it's maps to the internal or external sd card, now my only choice is internal card, this blows.

Posted via Android Central App

getmealive

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I also got it, now it says that kit Kat does not allow apps to load additional data to the external SD card, I use MapFactor Navigator which let's you download it's maps to the internal or external sd card, now my only choice is internal card, this blows.

Yes..kit Kat don't allow to write to SD cards. It's not a bug. It's Google decision to not allow write to external storage card in kit Kat 4.4.2.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3 using Tapatalk.

DHCross

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the Verizon G Pad LTE. I cannot figure out if I am eligible to use the same upgrading software you are all taking about. I tried, downloaded Lg mobile.support software, but that seemed exclusive to phones and I did not even see my model mentioned (Vk810)

I downloaded from LG suite last night. I like the upgrade so far.
The gallery application now works smooth as butter. Formerly it was a jittery mess so I was using quick pic, which is ok but I like the cool transition of the LG gallery.
Chrome browser now has the menu button back on the top right. Many folks like myself saw that go away with a browser update, glad to have it back.
I haven't tried the new "on screen phone " app, could be useful.
So far so good, cheers

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the Verizon G Pad LTE. I cannot figure out if I am eligible to use the same upgrading software you are all taking about. I tried, downloaded Lg mobile.support software, but that seemed exclusive to phones and I did not even see my model mentioned (Vk810)

No you can't get the update any other way than to have it get pushed by Verizon.

cybertec69

Banned
Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes..kit Kat don't allow to write to SD cards. It's not a bug. It's Google decision to not allow write to external storage card in kit Kat 4.4.2.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3 using Tapatalk.

I knew that was the case, how come Samsung is allowed to move some app content to the external SD card, it just makes no sense, especially with apps like the one I mentioned, why should I fill my internal memory with maps that can be stored on an external sd card.

Last edited:

sidamos

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I am having the SD card "0 bytes available" issue. Is there a solution for that yet? I am on 4.4.2.

In my case, it is a 64 GB SanDisk Ultra. It happened with the original exFAT format and it still happens with FAT32. The card works fine at first, but after a while it shows 0 bytes size and available. Unmounting, ejecting, reinsert does not fix it. Even inserting a different (32 GB) card shows the same problem then. Have to reboot to fix this (for a while).

But I have seen others reporting that 64 GB SanDisk or Samsung with exFAT work OK.

valmorel

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Kit Kat update broke two things for me: sd card and usb drag and drop. It gave me zero advantages. I would happily revert if I could. Please think very carefully before updating to kit Kat.

Mika Kat

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not really missing the SD card function. I could live without it. I don't use many apps and I just store everything to the device itself.

MADDROID1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
If KitKat update intentionally prevents writing data (pictures, maps, etc) to the SD card, then I might as well have an iPhone! Just sayin' :(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
If KitKat update intentionally prevents writing data (pictures, maps, etc) to the SD card, then I might as well have an iPhone! Just sayin' :(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good thing it just controls access differently and doesn't prevent access. All the SD card access issues are because of lazy devs not updating their apps but I guess it is better to just bash KitKat instead of learning the real reason why like searching out the change logs and maybe reading them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante