Got KitKat V50020b today in the U. S.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Turned on my tablet today and the update was waiting, haven't seen anybody post this yet so here it is.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Mika Kat

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
My g pad is waiting for me to update, is it worth the update? What's been your experiences on it?
I have a feeling I'll want to stay on jellybean. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Is it safe to update if mine is rooted? It's stock rom and no recovery set up. Thanks

You have to unroot to apply the OTA but if you use the LGMobile Support Tool it will flash 4.4.2 over it but you will lose root.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Full screen now works for most apps. On JB Clash of Clans would still have the bottom button bar but on KK it is gone.

bangjr

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone experiencing SD card (external) mounting/unmounting on its own? There are a couple of threads over at xda but no solution that I know of.

Fyi - upgraded via the PC Suite.

brian566

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Anyone experiencing SD card (external) mounting/unmounting on its own? There are a couple of threads over at xda but no solution that I know of.

Fyi - upgraded via the PC Suite.

Yes this is a problem we updated last week and if you check on xda there are issues with SD card unmourning
Also if you check on this site Some Samsung devices have had the same problem It Google trying to restrict SD card access on Android but why ???

bangjr

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Had a chat session with LG support. Useless!! They wanted me to send in my tab...not going to do that. Am wondering if we start a petition, Google will address this? I know that this is not an LG issue as Samsung and others are having the same experience...

boxer2

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded from LG suite last night. I like the upgrade so far.
The gallery application now works smooth as butter. Formerly it was a jittery mess so I was using quick pic, which is ok but I like the cool transition of the LG gallery.
Chrome browser now has the menu button back on the top right. Many folks like myself saw that go away with a browser update, glad to have it back.
I haven't tried the new "on screen phone " app, could be useful.
So far so good, cheers

stevenkisor1

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
This also happened to me yesterday (somewhat). The SD card showed mounted, but unusable, with 0 bytes available. I unmounted then mounted with no success. Only option was to format the card. Since I really didn't have much of value on it anyway, I clicked on format. It then gave me the original values (59,xxx kb available) and didn't format. So the card is fine, all (what little there is) data is intact.

This same thing happened with my Samsung Note II just after their update a couple months ago. Except I lost all data (mostly pix) from that card.

So I think its something Google is doing, rather than the devices malfunctioning.

stevenkisor1

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else now having QPair problems with the 4.4 update?

It will no longer pair with my Note II. I get a message to update the app. When I go to Play Store, I get a message that the app QPair is not compatible with my device.

I see in the description of QPair in the Play Store that there are 2 versions of QPair; a standard version and a Verizon version. But yet there is only 1 app available to download. My GPad is the original, not the Verizon flavored.

I checked on LG World and QPair is not available from LG (odd, since its an LG app)

If anyone has a workaround or fix, thanks!

getmealive

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else now having QPair problems with the 4.4 update?

It will no longer pair with my Note II. I get a message to update the app. When I go to Play Store, I get a message that the app QPair is not compatible with my device.

I see in the description of QPair in the Play Store that there are 2 versions of QPair; a standard version and a Verizon version. But yet there is only 1 app available to download. My GPad is the original, not the Verizon flavored.

I checked on LG World and QPair is not available from LG (odd, since its an LG app)

If anyone has a workaround or fix, thanks!

To update the included Qpair app and all LG apps, you need to use LG update center app found in app drawer . Or go to About tablet and Update Center. Maybe this will help.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
to those with sd card unmounting issue:

Did you unmount the card before updating? I'm told leaving it in during an update can cause this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde