Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Got KitKat V50020b today in the U. S.

Turned on my tablet today and the update was waiting, haven't seen anybody post this yet so here it is.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

Default Re: Got KitKat V50020b today in the U. S.

I have it as well. Really liking it so far.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I just use mine pretty much for Internet and streaming shows / movies. What is new as far as features?

Yea, just got mine too. Will update after a battery charge!

Same. I checked through LG PC suite for the first time today and it happened to be ready for an update!

Sent from G2 or G Pad 8.3
    Sent from HTC One M8 or LG G Pad 8.3

Is it safe to update if mine is rooted? It's stock rom and no recovery set up. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

My g pad is waiting for me to update, is it worth the update? What's been your experiences on it?
    I have a feeling I'll want to stay on jellybean. Thanks.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I had to uninstall and then re install xfinity, only problem I have had.

Quote Originally Posted by runirish244 View Post
    Is it safe to update if mine is rooted? It's stock rom and no recovery set up. Thanks

You have to unroot to apply the OTA but if you use the LGMobile Support Tool it will flash 4.4.2 over it but you will lose root.

Full screen now works for most apps. On JB Clash of Clans would still have the bottom button bar but on KK it is gone.

Anyone experiencing SD card (external) mounting/unmounting on its own? There are a couple of threads over at xda but no solution that I know of.

Fyi - upgraded via the PC Suite.

Quote Originally Posted by runirish244 View Post

Update via pc suite works with rooted devices. You can then reroot using ioroot25 method.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by bangjr View Post
    Anyone experiencing SD card (external) mounting/unmounting on its own? There are a couple of threads over at xda but no solution that I know of.

That did happen to me once last night.

Quote Originally Posted by bangjr View Post

Yes this is a problem we updated last week and if you check on xda there are issues with SD card unmourning
    Also if you check on this site Some Samsung devices have had the same problem It Google trying to restrict SD card access on Android but why ???

Had a chat session with LG support. Useless!! They wanted me to send in my tab...not going to do that. Am wondering if we start a petition, Google will address this? I know that this is not an LG issue as Samsung and others are having the same experience...

I downloaded from LG suite last night. I like the upgrade so far.
    The gallery application now works smooth as butter. Formerly it was a jittery mess so I was using quick pic, which is ok but I like the cool transition of the LG gallery.
    Chrome browser now has the menu button back on the top right. Many folks like myself saw that go away with a browser update, glad to have it back.
    I haven't tried the new "on screen phone " app, could be useful.
    So far so good, cheers

This also happened to me yesterday (somewhat). The SD card showed mounted, but unusable, with 0 bytes available. I unmounted then mounted with no success. Only option was to format the card. Since I really didn't have much of value on it anyway, I clicked on format. It then gave me the original values (59,xxx kb available) and didn't format. So the card is fine, all (what little there is) data is intact.

This same thing happened with my Samsung Note II just after their update a couple months ago. Except I lost all data (mostly pix) from that card.

So I think its something Google is doing, rather than the devices malfunctioning.

Is anyone else now having QPair problems with the 4.4 update?

It will no longer pair with my Note II. I get a message to update the app. When I go to Play Store, I get a message that the app QPair is not compatible with my device.

I see in the description of QPair in the Play Store that there are 2 versions of QPair; a standard version and a Verizon version. But yet there is only 1 app available to download. My GPad is the original, not the Verizon flavored.

I checked on LG World and QPair is not available from LG (odd, since its an LG app)

If anyone has a workaround or fix, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenkisor1 View Post
    Is anyone else now having QPair problems with the 4.4 update?

It will no longer pair with my Note II. I get a message to update the app. When I go to Play Store, I get a message that the app QPair is not compatible with my device.

I see in the description of QPair in the Play Store that there are 2 versions of QPair; a standard version and a Verizon version. But yet there is only 1 app available to download. My GPad is the original, not the Verizon flavored.

I checked on LG World and QPair is not available from LG (odd, since its an LG app)

If anyone has a workaround or fix, thanks!

To update the included Qpair app and all LG apps, you need to use LG update center app found in app drawer . Or go to About tablet and Update Center. Maybe this will help.

to those with sd card unmounting issue:

Did you unmount the card before updating? I'm told leaving it in during an update can cause this

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    to those with sd card unmounting issue:

Did you unmount the card before updating? I'm told leaving it in during an update can cause this
    Yes..you better unmounted your SD card before update to kit Kat. I have sd card unmounted issue where it unmount itself without any warning. To fix this I have to reboot the g pad.

I also got it, now it says that kit Kat does not allow apps to load additional data to the external SD card, I use MapFactor Navigator which let's you download it's maps to the internal or external sd card, now my only choice is internal card, this blows.

i'm having a problem with the bluetooth, it's just keep saying bluetooth stopped.

anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    I also got it, now it says that kit Kat does not allow apps to load additional data to the external SD card, I use MapFactor Navigator which let's you download it's maps to the internal or external sd card, now my only choice is internal card, this blows.

Yes..kit Kat don't allow to write to SD cards. It's not a bug. It's Google decision to not allow write to external storage card in kit Kat 4.4.2.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3 using Tapatalk.
    Thanked by:

I have the Verizon G Pad LTE. I cannot figure out if I am eligible to use the same upgrading software you are all taking about. I tried, downloaded Lg mobile.support software, but that seemed exclusive to phones and I did not even see my model mentioned (Vk810)

Quote Originally Posted by boxer2 View Post
    I downloaded from LG suite last night. I like the upgrade so far.
    The gallery application now works smooth as butter. Formerly it was a jittery mess so I was using quick pic, which is ok but I like the cool transition of the LG gallery.
    Chrome browser now has the menu button back on the top right. Many folks like myself saw that go away with a browser update, glad to have it back.
    I haven't tried the new "on screen phone " app, could be useful.
    So far so good, cheers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast