Verizon LG GPad 8.3 LTE Bootloop?

tmcguiness

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I am currently on my third LTE version of the G Pad 8.3 The first I got was a used one slipped to me that I returned the next day since it was preloaded with another customers info. The second one I tried a factory reset (Not Hard Reset) and it stuck on the Verizon splash page and new to the tablet I couldn't get it to shut off, it ran down the battery and I returned it the next day and picked up another. The third, which I have now, has the same problem. After about a week of use, I got tired of the touchwizard UI that it came with, the same as my GS3, and didn't like haveing my tablet basically just a blown up version of my phone, so I tried a soft factory reset once again, with the idea of trying a different launcher. Unfortunately it stuck on the verizon splash page once again. I've been dealing with trying to figure this out for more than a week now, mostly just letting it sit out of commission. I'm not sure if I am able to just return it for another at verizon or if im going to have to have it sent in to LG and serviced so I was hoping to fix it myself. I am able to shut it off. Go to the re-install/reboot screen. And the download mode.The reboot page has no answers. Each option, continue, completely clean and re install, clear cache, and end, all have the same results...android appears, starts the belly spin clean up, than abruptly ends and goes to the LG start up page. Loads twice on that page and then to the Verizon page where it just continually reloads.Occasionally the right (or wrong) button combination will give me a very brief glimpse of a UPC code and some sort of info at the top of the tablet page. Never long enough to see what it says, and never able to duplicate the button order on command.Now i've researched on this site and followed some advice. I downloaded the LG mobile support tool, and updated driver for my device. I ran the device through the tool and it will go through the complete upgrade recovery, after some coaxing that the software isn't up to date, and it says that the S/W upgrade and installation is complete. Great, but then I shut it down and it goes right back into the loop. The reboot page still has all the same results. Am I destined to return yet another tablet, and wait for its return, or is there a fix that i'm not finding on line. There is the faction that my phone for a time, and I believe still is, set up with developers software and was being controlled by an outside force. That same touchwiz interface is on this tablet....identical to my S3, and if a developer has monkeyey with my software, it could be possible that is why my reboot keeps bootlooping? i am trying to put the factory over top of a stealth software that has been installed? Would that be possible? All three devices looked completely different than my phone after pick up, but was identical to my phone, all the way down to the emulated files registry on both, after the first update, which always occurred as soon as I was within range of my home modem. Am I toast? Thanks for any and all advice with my new tablet. After all the hardships with my s3, which I love when I'm in control of it, and may modify since I've now past warranty, I'm anxious, and excited to get started with the G Pad. Anyone with any questions or advice about my samsung hack can send a PM i suppose and maybe help get that monkey off my back. Some developers just can't resist the power I suppose.

tmcguiness

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Not one word of help in three days? Should I give more details? Does anyone know what a bootloop is or how to fix? I was hoping someone would have the knowledge that could possibly help med from a trip through the service/repairs dept. Did I possibly post my question in the wrong manner or wrong thread? I couldn't find a thread that was strictly LTE so figured this would be the correct alternative. Any suggestions will be welcomed with open arms.

Posted via Android Central App

tmcguiness

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Really? No one even has a tad bit of help? Know what a boot loop is? Or did I just forget to brush my teeth? I guess ill just go drop it off and have it sent in to be serviced but it sure seemed like their would be a possible fix reinstalling software or a button combo or something. Hopefully when it is returned I won't have the need to seek trouble shooting advice since this device must be a complicated model to figure out. I sorta thought I would at least get a kind word of encouragement that all was not lost and ill love the G Pad once I get a sharp copy. You all have a nice day and it's two days til I take it in so if anyone figures out what a boot loop is and can still offer any advice I thank you in advance.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Really? No one even has a tad bit of help? Know what a boot loop is? Or did I just forget to brush my teeth? I guess ill just go drop it off and have it sent in to be serviced but it sure seemed like their would be a possible fix reinstalling software or a button combo or something. Hopefully when it is returned I won't have the need to seek trouble shooting advice since this device must be a complicated model to figure out. I sorta thought I would at least get a kind word of encouragement that all was not lost and ill love the G Pad once I get a sharp copy. You all have a nice day and it's two days til I take it in so if anyone figures out what a boot loop is and can still offer any advice I thank you in advance.

There really is no need to be rude. I don't have a GPad, but I can take a shot at this: If you can try rebooting into recovery and clear the devices cache partition. There may be some kind of conflict causing the boot loop (which I do know what it is) If you can factory reset the device, I would suggest doing that as well.

Beyond that, I would guess there is some kind of error in the ROM itself, in which reflashing a stock ROM might​ help.