Verizon LG GPad 8.3 gets Kitkat Update finally

EKhatch

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased a used G Pad that is a Verizon version but I only plan on having it connected over wifi. Does anyone know how I can go about getting the KK update without a data plan? Thanks

Edit. I should have stated that it is used and I do not believe it has been updated. I won't get it until sometime next week.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased a used G Pad that is a Verizon version but I only plan on having it connected over wifi. Does anyone know how I can go about getting the KK update without a data plan? Thanks

Edit. I should have stated that it is used and I do not believe it has been updated. I won't get it until sometime next week.

To get the OTA update you will have to get a data plan from Verizon. Another option is to unlock the bootloader, root it and flash a KitKat ROM.

Last edited:

EKhatch

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay, thanks for the info. How do the wifi only tablets get updates? Guess I'll have to learn how to root this thing. lol

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
After the update did anyone have issues charging or powering on after the battery completely died?

Completely draining your battery has a good chance of causing damage without an update involved.

I just got the tablet and was able to to update to KK over wifi no problem.

I assumed you had already tried over wifi. Verizon used to require a cellular connection to send OTA updates maybe it is only required by their phones.