New LG g pad 8.3 v500 occassional screen flicker when using keyboard

alake

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I just got my g pad on Friday. It's my first tablet and I'm beginning to find my way around. I've noticed that on occasion the screen will flicker. I can't consistently recreate it but it seems to have happened when I was using the keyboard. It doesn't happen all the time.

I'm wondering if others have experienced this or if it seems normal that this would happen sometimes.

I may investigate rooting it which of course I don't want to do if I need to exchange it.

Thanks for your help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's new and has a problem, exchange it. That's almost a rule. Unless it can be fixed by pressing buttons in 10 seconds or so, don't waste your time fixing other peoples' problems (this one belongs to LG, not to you). You already spent too much time on it, just by reading my reply.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I just got my g pad on Friday. It's my first tablet and I'm beginning to find my way around. I've noticed that on occasion the screen will flicker. I can't consistently recreate it but it seems to have happened when I was using the keyboard. It doesn't happen all the time.

I'm wondering if others have experienced this or if it seems normal that this would happen sometimes.

I may investigate rooting it which of course I don't want to do if I need to exchange it.

Thanks for your help.

I would reset it and see if that helps.

Posted via the Android Central App

alake

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I've been searching a bit and it looks like this is a problem on some other androids. Some think it's a software problem and that disabling hardware overlay in the developer tab will solve it. I was able to easily access the developer tab but have left it be for now. As I have not seen any other discussions of this by g pad users I may just ask for an exchange. However, if anyone has seen this I'd appreciate knowing that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21