How do I upgrade software on a Verison LG G Pad 8.3 without a Sim card

atmusky

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
My LG G Pad 8.3 (LG VK810 4G Verizon) is running Android 4.4.2 build 22B (software version VK81022B) and I would like to get the recent Lollipop software upgrade. When I try to do a system update via WiFi, I get the "We were not able to download this update" message. I am assuming this is because there isn't a Sim card installed.

Is there anyway around this?

colton groters

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
My LG G Pad 8.3 (LG VK810 4G Verizon) is running Android 4.4.2 build 22B (software version VK81022B) and I would like to get the recent Lollipop software upgrade. When I try to do a system update via WiFi, I get the "We were not able to download this update" message. I am assuming this is because there isn't a Sim card installed.

Is there anyway around this?

Lg mobile support tool should do the trick

Posted via the Android Central App

atmusky

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Lg mobile support tool should do the trick

Posted via the Android Central App
Thanks for the response. Gave the LG mobile support tool a try and it wouldn't work with the tablet (have latest USB drivers installed and PC shows tablet as a drive with correct name and icon). LG site says the update should be completed via OTA or Via Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant. The Verizon upgrade assistant software (VZW_Software_upgrade_assistant.exe) is supposed be available when the tablet connects to the PC, but it is not there, which again I assume is because there is no SIM in the tablet.

Anyone have any other ideas?

redtrader1

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Ive got the same problem. Bought a LG gpad vk810 from craigslist which had a bad esn and i cant seem to update it.

Anyway i can do this manually ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay