LG G Pad 8.3 lv500 Video playback issues/ compatability questions?

DCal2722

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
LG G Pad 8.3 lv500 Video playback issues/ compatability questions

Hello, I have had this tablet for about a year now and I have had really bad luck with "video playback" issues, primarily format compatibility being the problem especially when I load the files on to my SD Card. Often the file will load on the device and allow me to view it that one time but afterwards the file is shown as not being playable on the device. I don't know if it is something to do with the SD Card or if it is simply that there are so damned few codecs that are compatible with the device's firmware? Can anyone help me out with this? Oh, I should mention that sometimes I think the tablets video issues start after the file has been present and the device is shut down and then re-started, but I am not certain. The SD Card is a Samsung 64gb EVO class 10 card, which initially wouldn't remain mounted or even visible to the device after the tablet updated via wifi, then I connected the tablet to my PC and ran the repair utility in the LG Application for windows and that repaired the update correcting the SD Card issue, but I have had little luck with video. Any help or advice will be appreciated.

DCal2722

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG G Pad 8.3 lv500 Video playback issues/ compatability questions

Yep, I did and its the same thing, there seems to be a very limited support for video playback support of formats or codecs, I have run a couple of videos through a couple different programs that specifically have settings for Android devices and the results have been the same, Is there something I'm missing here or is it the device? I'm baffled. It plays Netflix beautifully and I also use PowerDVD 14 to access my files on my PC and it also plays those without a hitch, but if I put that same file on the SD Card it will generally play the first time but after the device shuts down and then wakes the file is no longer the proper format or whatever.... its freaking maddening ! Other than this one issue I really do like this Tablet, the build quality is excellent and the overall functionality is fine....except when I try to store video on the device. I really like the VLC player for its added functions like the sleep timer etc., but it doesn't correct these other issues..

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G Pad 8.3 lv500 Video playback issues/ compatability questions

I have also had the same problem with my LG 8.3 not seeing the sd card. It seems to be intermittent and resolved with a reboot or card removal and reinsert. However, never experienced a video that VLC would not play.

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I find this odd as I bought my wife the Gpad 8.3 second hand from ebay recently and it plays video files perfectly that wont play on my samsung galaxy tab 3.8.0. These include mov files and hi res mp4 files copied from videostudio at 18 mbps. My poor samsung plays about 2 seconds of these then the video freezes. Have not had a problem with it not seeing the sd card (that came with it) . Actually I am very happy with the tablet. Are there any file formats that are causing the problem or does it not play any file reliably?
Edit: all my video files are on the sd card and none so far has failed. The card is a sandisk.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown