Why is my LG Gpad F 8.0 so much slower on WI-FI than my Galaxy S6

ckhooked

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and an LG G Pad F 8.0.
My link speed on the Tablet is 150 Mbps and it's 585 on the S6.
I just got this tablet as a warranty replacement last week. It's refurb, and it's running Android 5. Samsung is running Android 6.

I don't know what the link speed was on my old tablet. But is there a setting on LG tablets where you can define the link speed? (May be the wrong terminology) but when I call up the wi-fi connection I'm on at home, it displays a few specs, and also gives link speed.

My previous tablet had so many problems, I never even tested the speed. I've tested on this one and it's about 1/10 of the speed of my phone. And I looked up the specs of my tablet. Wi-Fi specs are identical as far as the type of connection it handles.

Thanks for any help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does your router broadcast both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wi-fi? If so, then I suspect your S6 is connecting to the 5 GHz band, while the G Pad is stuck on 2.4 GHz (since it isn't capable of 5 GHz wi-fi). 150 Mbps is the maximum link speed for wireless 802.11n on the 2.4 GHz band, while the max speed on 5 GHz is 600 Mbps, I think.

Are you actually seeing real-world sluggishness on the tablet while accessing the web, compared to the phone? Remember that link speeds that high don't mean much if your ISP's download speed maxes out at around 50 Mbps.