Who's Getting the LG G Pro 2?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
For some reason I am really liking the looks of this smartphone. I was waiting to see what the S5 was going to look like and and very curious what the Note 4 is going to become. But when the GP2 was announced, I thought that it may be the sleeper device of the year. A few things that I like about the GP2 over the S5 are the screen size, the battery, no physical or capacitive buttons on the front, and the camera is supposed to be better. I wonder what the price point is going to be. If it cost the same or less than an S5 or Note 4, then it may very well be the Android device to get this year. Still have to see what HTC is coming with as well.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

slammer1

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Who's Getting the GP2?

Same boat as you, waited to see what the S5 looked like. Not impressed. I own a G2 now and love it, I think this will be my next device. I have never owned a big phone like this, wondering how that will go? Can always sell it if its too big.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Same boat as you, waited to see what the S5 looked like. Not impressed. I own a G2 now and love it, I think this will be my next device. I have never owned a big phone like this, wondering how that will go? Can always sell it if its too big.

It doesn't seem to be any bigger than the Note 3 that I used to own. I got used to the size very quickly.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

If it comes to Sprint with 32 gigs, I'm getting it!

I think that 32 GBs should be a starting point for devices now. I read an article this morning that the 16 GB version of the S5 will only have about 8 GB of usable storage due to half being eaten up by the operating system.

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I am definitely interested. This is the phone I would buy today if it was out. I have a galaxy s4 now, from AT&T. What's the likelihood of this phone coming with a locked bootloader? I have no experience with LG. But it seems Samsung and AT&T try to lock everything down tighter than a...well something that's real tight.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
This phone seriously has my attention. When it comes to AT&T I'll have to have a serious talk with it.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I really think LG has stepped their game up. The LG G2, Flex and the G Pro2 and G3 coming are all looking solid. Their catching attention in a good way.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I really think LG has stepped their game up. The LG G2, Flex and the G Pro2 and G3 coming are all looking solid. Their catching attention in a good way.

I think that they are filling the spot that HTC has left. LG could be as big as Samsung in the near future.

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a G2. The devs have made rooting a 3 minute processe. I love the phone. They have some very good roms out. I'm getting this when it comes out.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
From Phil's Q&A on the LGP2, seems like this phone is going to be a beast. I wonder why they didn't put the 801 in it? But I believe the 800 would be good enough for me. I said I wasn't going to buy another phone this year, but I may have to pick this one up. I have an upgrade in April that I cannot wait to use (3 days before my birthday).

- - - Updated - - -

Any word on what the specs will be for the G3?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Any word on what the specs will be for the G3?

Just the ever popular rumors :)

1440 x 2560 QHD display, 5.5 inch 534 pixels per inch.

Octa-core, four cores clocked at 2.2GHz and the other four clocked at 1.7GHz

16 meg camera

Hoping the battery gets another boost as well to go from really good to great

Also rumors of a June release to better compete with the S5 and M8

We shall see...

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Mika Kat

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
If I didn't have the g flex, I'd definitely be getting the gpro2. Its a pretty awesome phone. I love the size 6 inches is great for web browsing and videos.

Posted via Android Central App

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for the G3

Might do the same plus it seems like forever before we even get a pro 2 released in the states by the time it comes out there will be no hype and it will be six months since it was announced I wish these OEMS would all just start selling these device through their sites unlocked with the bands needed for lte on the diff carries how hard is that

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk