Why isn't my LTE network option available?

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Lte Network Option not Available

Dear Sirs,
I have Lg G Pro 2 D838, why I don't have Lte Network option on my phone, only network option for wcdma and 3G only. Pls help. thanx a bunch...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lte Network Option not Available

Welcome to Android Central! It depends on your carrier, and if the phone supports the LTE bands used by the carrier.

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site

Yes my carrier already 4g. My problem is in my phone I just limited for choosing GSM, or WCDMA or auto only. The lte Network is not available. Thx for your reply...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

No--what I mean is that you have to find out which LTE frequency bands your carrier uses, and then make sure your particular phone supports those bands. If your phone doesn't support those bands, you won't get an option for LTE. Which carrier do you have?

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for your reply. I'm in Indonesia, my carrier is XL. Their 4g frequency band is 1800 that matches with my LG D838. My question is why this phone doesn't have option for choosing 4g network like others lte phones. I think all the lte phones should be already preinstalled the 4G/LTE option in their preferred Network mode. Don't you think so? Do I have to do factory reset with this phone like LG help center suggest me? Thank you again...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Do you have the correct APN settings entered?

And just to be certain, you've received confirmation that XL is allowing public use of the 1800 MHz band? I can't find much information on the web--the best I could find was an announcement in December 2014 about them introducing LTE, but first on the 900 MHz band, with plans to include the 1800 MHz band later. https://www.techinasia.com/indonesia-telcos-4g-lte-telkomsel-xl-axiata-indosat/

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for your time Mr. Diddy...
I talked with XL call center already, they said my phone can be used for their 4g network though, yes my phone is compatible with their band frequency that they're using in 1800 bands. The problem I'm currently facing is I can't activate the 4G network in my phone. I only can choose GSM/WCDMA/Auto. About the APN, I know nothing about it, coz it's automatically filled in. I don't understand about that. Thank you again...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox