MMS probs on LG G Pro (E-980), how can I fix it?

SenderaGypsy

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
MMS probs on LG G Pro (E-980)

This is an AT&T phone unlocked to t-mobile. When I got this, I foolishly uninstalled some stuff I thought was bloatware. It wasn't. I just realized I can't send or receive photos. It comes as a download and then I get a useless error message to try again later.

If it matters, this is a known issue even among people using it on AT&T. I found some instructions that looked helpful, but when I access the setting module for sharing/MMS, there aren't any options that apply.

Is this completely hopeless? TIA and I'll check back, I promise,

EDIT: I can't find a reply option, but thanks! I'll try this.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: MMS probs on LG G Pro (E-980)

Did you change the APN to TMobile's settings? You can't use AT&T's MMS server if you're on TMobile.

If you did, and it still doesn't work, back everything up (see Backing up an Android Device), then flash a new ROM. (Try to find a current one - 4.4.2 at least - you won't be able to update if you're not on an AT&T account.) Then restore all your apps and data.

The E-980 forum on XDA Forums has all the links you need - I reflashed one a few months ago, and that's where I got all my information and links. (I prefer the LG Flash Tool and a .tot file, but that's just a personal preference. The LG Mobile Support Tool and the file for it should work too.)

Rich Rogers2

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
if you uninstalled stuff you should not have and bricked it try running lgflashtool download the factory rom and dll file and load into the tool and it will restore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac