1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Launch Date

I knwo there are a lot of people that have a tendency to miss articles on the Android Central Home Page since they are focused on the forums. Wanted to poitn this out to any that are in that arena.

http://www.androidcentral.com/dell-s...dates-revealed

If this is correct looks like we are waiting till 3/23 for the G-Slate. Out to be interesting with the Xoom release supposedly on Feb 17th.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's going to be interesting to see how both of these devices fair, they're really the two top dogs in Android tablets (and arguably tablets alltogether) for the foreseeable future. Unfortunate you guys have to wait until 3/23 though.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,884 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Do you know something we don't, Chris? I think you have to wait too.

Anyway I can wait. If I want a tablet at all this is the one and I can wait for what I want.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

It sounds good but the 7in is a drawback for me. I was really wanting a 10in tablet. Xoom it is.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilysdad View Post
    Do you know something we don't, Chris? I think you have to wait too.

Anyway I can wait. If I want a tablet at all this is the one and I can wait for what I want.
    Muahahahaha....that's what you think

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Ok I'm hoping that they give a release date soon because I'm afraid its going to be later than the rumored March 23rd date we've all been hearing...
    Last edited by lmc05; 03-09-2011 at 12:05 PM.

I am surprised we haven't heard anything about the launch date already. If they don't hurry up that teaser for the Samsung galaxy 8.9 looks to be really sexy. And with the recent comments from Samsung they may make it very competitive when it comes to pricing.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Yeah not a super smart move (IMO) to not really have any info on it...I get you don't want to launch too early but at the same time you don't want to lose your customer base.to all of the other devices that are launching right now...its tough.

It is a double edged sword. The Motorola xoom sounds like all the problems and bugs that it has seems to have been because it was rushed. Not having microsd activated, have to send it back in for 4g, no flash, etc. Could have all been solved if it had a little more time to cook in the kitchen.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Ugh come on T-mobile! Just give us something they're Twitter gave the whole "we will announce price and release date soon!" We just need something to tide us over I agree that it shouldn't be rushed because I'd like to have a quality product right out of the box but at the same time staying pretty quiet about this great new device is really only hurting them in the long run.

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Its 8.9 inches, hope the date it legit, really want this

Sent from my Nexus S
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

I'm a little nervous because I'm hearing April now...and given that it's already March 10th and we haven't heard anything I'm starting to think this is going to be true.

Anyone have an update on this?

Very Surprised how T-Mobile has said nothing about this recently.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I heard April 21st and that was from my T-Mo sales engineer for my corporate account....

Question

Hi guys, Im trying to post flame bait, just an honest question,

what are the chances of getting a phone.apk and telephony capabilities out of the G-Slate with the cellular radio, like the Galaxy Tab hack?

I know 9 inches is too large for a phone, but Im a big guy.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I have a question... how can i transfer all the programs and settings from my Tab to the G-Slate?

G-Slate nice device but there are questions about backwards compatibility that have been asked to LG.
    1) Does it support Micro-SD Cards - Direct from LG "The device does not state that it supports Micro-SD, but the model that it was designed from (Optimus Tab) full supports MicroSD up to 32GB."

So the real question is will the G-Slate on release date provide Micro-SD support?
    if not then there will be a lot of unsatisifed customers - C'Mon T-Mobile at least keep up to par with with devices like the Samsung Galaxy Tab or the Samsung Vibrant which both of them work with MicroSD (even though they are older devices).

The Optimus Tab - Fully states that Micro-SD up to 32GB is supported as indicated on weblink:

This is a very nice device and on previous LG phone models MicroSD was included, plus it runs par with the Motorola Xoom device.

I am still investigating but if I hear any more it will be posted here.

Frustrated in the SouthWest

Maybe it has a SD card slot like the XOOM but its just not able to be used yet.

From what I hear this is a Android problem with Honeycomb and not a manufacture problem.

I have the Xoom right now and i really like it but it is too big for me. I need something smaller so I will be selling the Xoom when the G-Slate comes out.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

I know the new Galaxy tabs won't be expandable, they'll just come in different sizes like the iPads.

G-Slate is just the around the corner! I got to hold one the other day and it just made me want it even more. Amazing. Size is going to be great.

Besides the one showing up on Ebay and then being taken down we have heard nothing.

I would be surprised if this launched next week without hearing anything yet. I bet we are looking at May launch now.