What do you think now??

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The screen size (8.9 inches?) is relatively odd if you ask me, and I feel 3D is way overrated and overdone as well, so I'm not thrilled about that being included. Other than that, I find the Xoom and G-Slate to be pretty much on-par with each other.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I like the HSPA+ vs 4G upgrade later.

I think some pricing/plans need to drop before my head explodes.

edit: Also some idea of display tech on the Xoom would be nice.

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Its funny I saw my LG rep yesterday and he gave me all this info. I like it, but the screen size is a little odd. He said they went for this size cause most people said the iPad is to big and the Tab is too small, and this was the "perfect size". Still, it's not really gonna work for me. If I'm going to use a tablet, I need a 10 inch screen. Also I'm not sold on the 3D side of things either. There is just no content available, and the need for glasses is annoying. If it were like the Optimus 3D and didn't require glasses, then I might think differently. Also with the Optimus 3D, it has a 3D camera on it, so that would remedy the lack of content for the time being.

All in all, its a really nice device, but honestly if I buy a tablet it will be a Xoom. The rumored release date for the G-slate sounds pretty accurate. My LG rep told me late March, so that's right on point.

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Xoom and G-Slate. Both seem fairly comparable. I have not really seen anything on one or the other saying I have to have that one over the other.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
The screen size (8.9 inches?) is relatively odd if you ask me, and I feel 3D is way overrated and overdone as well, so I'm not thrilled about that being included. Other than that, I find the Xoom and G-Slate to be pretty much on-par with each other.

Yeah I agree about the 3D thing. It is all overrated. I will get a 3D device when there is a device that can do 3D right.

I am confused. They never said anything about the G-Slate having a SD card. The only said 32GB of on board memory.

Last edited:

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am confused. They never said anything about the G-Slate having a SD card. The only said 32GB of on board memory.

Yeah, I had noticed that myself. I have been holding out for more detailed specs to see. Not sure if that is enough of a difference between the G-Slate and the Xoom though. Might be a nice to have but not a necessity for me.

I think a lot of the more average people will be swayed by price.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll still take the G-Slate over the Xoom (I like LG more than Motorola) and I expect the data plans to be cheaper on T-Mobile. I still hope they come out with a wifi only version because I don't wanna pay for an extra data plan.

Either way HONESTLY I probably won't get either one because they are coming out AFTER my tax return will be spent. :p

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll still take the G-Slate over the Xoom (I like LG more than Motorola) and I expect the data plans to be cheaper on T-Mobile.

Cheap is relative. I should be able to get a 0% discount on the verizon data plan. I do not thing my company's T-Mobile discount extends to the data plans though.

Anyway I suspect I will try and go the non-contract route and pay for months I may need it instead so that will not matter much.

LG needs more concrete info out before the Xoom is released or people will default to that.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Cheap is relative. I should be able to get a 0% discount on the verizon data plan. I do not thing my company's T-Mobile discount extends to the data plans though.

Anyway I suspect I will try and go the non-contract route and pay for months I may need it instead so that will not matter much.

LG needs more concrete info out before the Xoom is released or people will default to that.

I agree. But I (like many others) won't get any discount at all. I also completely agree that if they don't release a boat load of info and get some marketing behind it they will lose a lot of people to the Xoom by default of it being released first.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
G-Slate, no 4g update and I would love to add that the screen seems just about right, just like what Samsung did with the Galaxy S line, they are showing off a much more neutral design. Its big but not too big, small but not too small. The size reminds you that the device is not a smart phone and still gives you plenty of screen real estate. Now all we need is pricing and I will definitely get it.

Sent from my Nexus S

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance