Where is all the hype at?

padholdr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I played with the GSlate this weekend, and really like it. I don't get why there is no hype around it. Any ideas? I have a Xoom and a PlayBook, and I like the GSlate better all around...

Reactions: Russh612

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't really understand it either...It's a great device and a great size option between the 7" tabs and the 10.1" tablets...I'm waiting for mine to come and I can't wait.

Great HD video, great 3D video, great size, and you've gotta love Honeycomb. It's a shame because I think T-Mobile has a great device on their hands with this one.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I had the Xoom for a month and Just got the g-slate yesterday. I like it a lot better. The size is just perfect.

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Got mine in the mail today and I'm already loving it. I think it's going to be everythi i was looking for and then some :)

dammit2hell

Apr 29, 2011
www.btechpcrepair.com
I agree, I would have though that this device would have had forums popping up all over the place. I got my G-Slate on the 20th and have been waiting for something..anything to show up. XDA STILL hasn't added a forum but they had one for the Sidekick the day it came out?

I'm hoping someone will root this thing soon.

dammit2hell

Apr 29, 2011
www.btechpcrepair.com
That combined with the fact that XDA still hasn't added a forum. They already have a forum reserved for the 10.1 Tab. Just seems weird that there isn't very much at all to be found about the G-Slate. I know it's only been out for 12 days, I just thought it would be more discussed.

joe767

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Personally I really like the form-factor of 8.9 inches over 10.1.....I played with the G-Slate at TMO for about 30minutes and I really like it but for $749 I think it's too much. I guess I still have to wait for June for the sammy 8.9.....tab. The 3D stuff is too gimmicky on this device and I don't really think I'll use it ever.

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I love mine too so I guess I'm confused as to why someone would want to exchange it if they really like it just because people aren't talking about it.

To each his own, I guess.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
They are talking about it alright because it's to darn expensive, heavy for its size, gimmicky 3D requiring glasses, requires a carrier plan, no wifi only and I guess there not to thrilled with Lg. It does have one thing going for it, the screen size is just right. Most including myself are waiting for the arrival of the G tab 8.9 due to screen size, reduction of thickness and weight.

Last edited:

dropndestroy

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I got my G-Slate on Thursday and i love it. The size is perfect, and performance is great. For me wat made me get it was that i was able to watch flash videos. I feel its better then the Ipad2 but the Ipad2 just has the app store.

ostinado

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have my Gslate for over 2 weeks now and i love it. The screen size its perfect, coming from a gTablet I though it would be too small but its really spot on. Regarding the lack of third party support, take faith, I read online that at least one carrier in Canada and probably one in Europe is going to carry it, so the user base should increase considerably, hopefully more forums start popping out soon after.

speccx

May 15, 2011
Visit site
People are too busy having fun with it. ;)

too true, the only thing I have issues with, I am on DOCOMO, and they didnt give me any 3d glasses or anything...........just a USB connector..lol but what apps did the US version come with??? I cant use google talk since I cant get a number(outside the US) but I am looking forward to Viber.......Tango is ok but...............

Quant

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I also believe th 8.9" is perfect. I can type on it fairly easily. The email clients are the best I have used in a tablet. I'm not worried about what the world thinks so long as I see lots of future software. Since the OS and screen res are just the same as the others, I see no future issues due to its size.

Sent from my LG-V909 using Tapatalk

Quant

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
We should start to share ideas on honeycomb specific apps for tablets. Hard to find new stuff.

Sent from my LG-V909 using Tapatalk