Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Default LG G Watch R or Moto 360

Which one should I get?
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,100 Global Posts

Default Re: LG G Watch R or Moto 360

Quote Originally Posted by SSmaster View Post
    Which one should I get?
    For me it's gonna come down to feel, I think.

That said, I'm going to have to wait for more than a rough teaser render. But I still think round is the way to go.
    Thanked by 2:

Can't tell yet until we see the physical version of the G Watch R. Based on the render, still liking the Moto 360 more. Just gotta wait for specs for now

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Both.
    Penguwin likes this.

The LG version seems fully round display (at least from what I see) whereas the Moto (which I have craved for) is not quite so and feels a little odd. That said, the LG has a more sporty feel to it than the Moto which some might prefer and other might not. In other words, Moto might be a multi-purpose watch that you can take on a run and also will go with your suit. The G watch might not. Again, not a negative, just an observation

We are working off a render with no real specs. That said I feel like the original G watch and Gear Live was rushed. Moto said let's wait and make a truly better device. It'll be interesting to see what LG has in store for the G Watch R. The design on the render looks better to me then the 360 but assuming the screen is a decent t size the way the band connects to the watch might might make it too large. Tho this is enough to make me hold off on ordering the 360 right away.
    Gigantic Member

ROM
    ARHD 8.0

I agree with GTvert. I had the G watch but returned it since I liked the feel of the Gear Live on my wrist. Returned the Gear Live since the battery was so here and there, some days it would last the day, but most days it was at 25% after a 9 hour shift at work with minimal usage, coupled with the crappy charging plastic cradle I was always afraid to break. Had my heart set on the 360, but yep, Motorola could have nailed the market early had it not held onto the 360 for so long!

I would wait a little bit and see what the other, more traditional watch brands come up with as well. There have been very feature rich watches in the past (remember the digital/ quartz revolution?) Almost every brand now has several lines of quartz-based watches ranging from pure digital to the eco-drive and kinetic lines from Citizen and Seiko. People still prefer the round watch and analog looks. Those guys have centuries of experience building high quality watches. Making Android Wear a platform is a very smart move from Google, if the success of Android is any indication we can expect many products come to market covering a wide set of preferences and price ranges.

Global Posts
    946 Global Posts

It may come down to price for me. If 360 is 249 and the LG R is 300, then I'll go with the 360. But, I'll let you know in 11 days or so.

This is what Moto gets for waiting so long to release the 360. People saw a demand for round and jumped on it.

I'm still picking up a Moto 360... However I now have yet another SmartWatch on my list to look for. I'll decide if a purchase is necessary once we get more info, specs, etc.

We know nothing about the new G Watch.

From the the teaser the LG watch looks pretty sweet. But thats all we know.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,331 Global Posts

I'll still have to give it to the Moto 360 if the GWATCHR doesn't have anything extra.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

I feel like the bezel on the GwatchR will be large and take up too much real estate. I like the edge to edge screen of the 360.
    Thanked by:
    Coleman Robertson likes this.

I have the Moto 360...Works great!

It will come down to hardware for me. Wireless charging and a light sensor on the moto 360 are big plusses for me. Battery life will also be a big thing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

After LG's denial of a problem with corroding contacts in the G Watch, I'd be steering clear of their product either round or square simply due to lack of support. Well, eventually they released a fix I suppose (did it work?) This thread details: Those exposed contacts? Not a good idea

It did not work and I'm wearing my £10 Casio while waiting for LG support to reply (for once I wish it wasn't a bank holiday...). The way they deal with the situation may influence whether I get this or the 360 but to be honest I like the full screen of this...of course this is only a render and for all we know it's a tiny small screen in a huge casing...unlikely however

Global Posts
    4,568 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I like the simplicity of the 360s design. Almost no bezel to maximize screen area, but yet nice and elegant look to it. The only thing that has bugged me is that bottom area that's supposed to be a sensor, it kind of ruins the look of the watch a bit depending of course what watch face you choose to use. If you look at the thread of the moto design contest, you can see how many of the pretty designs with lighter colors are let down by that ugly black sensor thing at the bottom. But, as of now, that is the only real downside to this watch for me.

The LG R watch makes a big deal about being perfectly round, so obviously LG has picked up on this shortcoming in the moto 360. However, if this comes at the price of lack of functionality (no light sensor, if that's what that thing down there really is), then it's 360 all the way for me. I am also hoping that the leaked snazzy wireless charger is indeed included with the watch and that the price of $250 is true.

I am glad that many of these watches are all released at IFA, great for comparison shopping. Nothing worse than jumping on the 360 just to see some other well known manufacturers watch blow it out of the water a week later.

As far as the high end watch makers jumping on the Android Wear bandwagon.....I don't know about that. Those watches will probably cost more due to even more premium materials, but, we need to remember that a high end regular watch will last a very long time. My Tag Heuer is around 20 years old now and still runs and looks like new. Android Wear watches age just because of the technology inside them, even a replaceable battery won't help much since you can't just upgrade the innards. Unless they come out with modular watches with interchangeable screens and SoC's? That's crazy talk though.

I would rather buy a watch from a Tech company like LG, Motorola, or Samsung than one made by a watchmaker because the important part is the technology in the watch which those companies are experts in and which companies like Fossil, Tag, etc would have to learn first. Make the thing look good and last around 2 years so we can upgrade to the next more powerful model.

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Going by appearance alone, I'd have to choose the G Watch R

With the specs release today it's getting harder and harder!

Global Posts
    4,568 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

To me the wireless charging of the 360 is a big draw, especially if the charger is included, works as advertised and the watch really sells for 250.

Global Posts
    4,568 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    For me it's gonna come down to feel, I think.

That said, I'm going to have to wait for more than a rough teaser render. But I still think round is the way to go.
    Phil if you're going to Berlin, please try to take both watches outside for an outdoor visibility check! ☺

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    To me the wireless charging of the 360 is a big draw, especially if the charger is included, works as advertised and the watch really sells for 250.

Do we know if it qi or not yet?

Global Posts
    4,568 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Teejai80 View Post
    Do we know if it qi or not yet?

There are pics of the back that indicate it is plastic to facilitate wireless charging, there is no USB plug or any other charging connectors on the watch, and there were pics posted of the wireless charger. Google it to see the pic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast