LG G Watch R or Moto 360

bassdelux15

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Can't tell yet until we see the physical version of the G Watch R. Based on the render, still liking the Moto 360 more. Just gotta wait for specs for now

Posted via Android Central App

nharish

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The LG version seems fully round display (at least from what I see) whereas the Moto (which I have craved for) is not quite so and feels a little odd. That said, the LG has a more sporty feel to it than the Moto which some might prefer and other might not. In other words, Moto might be a multi-purpose watch that you can take on a run and also will go with your suit. The G watch might not. Again, not a negative, just an observation

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
We are working off a render with no real specs. That said I feel like the original G watch and Gear Live was rushed. Moto said let's wait and make a truly better device. It'll be interesting to see what LG has in store for the G Watch R. The design on the render looks better to me then the 360 but assuming the screen is a decent t size the way the band connects to the watch might might make it too large. Tho this is enough to make me hold off on ordering the 360 right away.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I agree with GTvert. I had the G watch but returned it since I liked the feel of the Gear Live on my wrist. Returned the Gear Live since the battery was so here and there, some days it would last the day, but most days it was at 25% after a 9 hour shift at work with minimal usage, coupled with the crappy charging plastic cradle I was always afraid to break. Had my heart set on the 360, but yep, Motorola could have nailed the market early had it not held onto the 360 for so long!

radiohair

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I would wait a little bit and see what the other, more traditional watch brands come up with as well. There have been very feature rich watches in the past (remember the digital/ quartz revolution?) Almost every brand now has several lines of quartz-based watches ranging from pure digital to the eco-drive and kinetic lines from Citizen and Seiko. People still prefer the round watch and analog looks. Those guys have centuries of experience building high quality watches. Making Android Wear a platform is a very smart move from Google, if the success of Android is any indication we can expect many products come to market covering a wide set of preferences and price ranges.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(13322)

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It may come down to price for me. If 360 is 249 and the LG R is 300, then I'll go with the 360. But, I'll let you know in 11 days or so.

This is what Moto gets for waiting so long to release the 360. People saw a demand for round and jumped on it.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm still picking up a Moto 360... However I now have yet another SmartWatch on my list to look for. I'll decide if a purchase is necessary once we get more info, specs, etc.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll still have to give it to the Moto 360 if the GWATCHR doesn't have anything extra.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I feel like the bezel on the GwatchR will be large and take up too much real estate. I like the edge to edge screen of the 360.

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
It will come down to hardware for me. Wireless charging and a light sensor on the moto 360 are big plusses for me. Battery life will also be a big thing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jlav78

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
It did not work and I'm wearing my £10 Casio while waiting for LG support to reply (for once I wish it wasn't a bank holiday...). The way they deal with the situation may influence whether I get this or the 360 but to be honest I like the full screen of this...of course this is only a render and for all we know it's a tiny small screen in a huge casing...unlikely however

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I like the simplicity of the 360s design. Almost no bezel to maximize screen area, but yet nice and elegant look to it. The only thing that has bugged me is that bottom area that's supposed to be a sensor, it kind of ruins the look of the watch a bit depending of course what watch face you choose to use. If you look at the thread of the moto design contest, you can see how many of the pretty designs with lighter colors are let down by that ugly black sensor thing at the bottom. But, as of now, that is the only real downside to this watch for me.

The LG R watch makes a big deal about being perfectly round, so obviously LG has picked up on this shortcoming in the moto 360. However, if this comes at the price of lack of functionality (no light sensor, if that's what that thing down there really is), then it's 360 all the way for me. I am also hoping that the leaked snazzy wireless charger is indeed included with the watch and that the price of $250 is true.

I am glad that many of these watches are all released at IFA, great for comparison shopping. Nothing worse than jumping on the 360 just to see some other well known manufacturers watch blow it out of the water a week later.

As far as the high end watch makers jumping on the Android Wear bandwagon.....I don't know about that. Those watches will probably cost more due to even more premium materials, but, we need to remember that a high end regular watch will last a very long time. My Tag Heuer is around 20 years old now and still runs and looks like new. Android Wear watches age just because of the technology inside them, even a replaceable battery won't help much since you can't just upgrade the innards. Unless they come out with modular watches with interchangeable screens and SoC's? That's crazy talk though.

I would rather buy a watch from a Tech company like LG, Motorola, or Samsung than one made by a watchmaker because the important part is the technology in the watch which those companies are experts in and which companies like Fossil, Tag, etc would have to learn first. Make the thing look good and last around 2 years so we can upgrade to the next more powerful model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs