Question about the usefulness of the device

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I received the LG G Watch R from my significant other last week and so far I kind of like it. The watch is definitely the best looking of the Android wearables thus far; however, I'm questioning the usefulness of the watch. It's kind of nice to see notifications on my wrist instead of pulling the phone out of my pocket. But, to be honest, it's not difficult to pull my phone out of my pocket. I hate that my girlfriend spent $300 on a device that, to me, isn't very useful.

Thoughts? Do you guys find it useful?

Posted via the blazing fast Motorola Droid Turbo (64 GB).

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
At first I thought it was going to be a novelty gadget but I found that I use it way more than I thought I would. It's nice to just be able to glance at it to see what the notification is or who is calling. I also use it for navigating and sending a quick text.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk.

sabre1106

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
If anything it is a great timepiece. you can customize the watch face for separate occasions without spending thousands on different watches.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
After talking with my gf about the usefulness of the device, I decided to return it. She was okay with it. :) The only Android wear watch that has any potential is the Samsung Gear S because it can be connected to 3G/WiFi and can be used without the phone being with you. But, it's only for Samsung phones and I have a Droid Turbo.

Oh well.

chronophile

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
If anything it is a great timepiece. you can customize the watch face for separate occasions without spending thousands on different watches.
This alone is worth its weight in $$$.

I've loved mechanical analog watches and have amassed over three dozen Swiss mechanicals in the last decade and a half. What attracts me first with a watch is the dial design. Being able to change faces is the killer feature. I have both the Moto 360 and the LG W R and enjoy them both. I alternate between the two.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree, returned mine after 24 hours. My scenario was a little different though, the watch would only notify intermittently and the "twist of the wrist" feature rarely worked (now if I waved my arms like a crazed monkey it worked fine). Spoke with LG and went through the set up and they confirmed that all my settings were correct (it really is not difficult to set up). My point, when it did work I didn't find the "features" worth $300.
The LG rep told me to return it to AT&T for a new one or a refund......went with the refund and was charged a restock fee, yes a restock fee for a defective unit that was not going to be "restocked". Last time I buy anything from AT&T.

Jackseric

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I got one for Christmas and I'm loving it. I regularly use mine for reading, sending, and replying to texts. Not having to dig out/pick up my phone so much has been worth it alone. In the car, I just tap my wrist and say, "OK Google... call so and so's mobile." I never have to take my eyes off the road. Yes, my car and truck's interfaces have a bluetooth button on the steering wheel. But it is WAY faster and easier through the watch. Also, I'm like seeing the 'Fit' reminder to help me toward fitness/weight-loss goals. The customizing watch faces is icing on the cake. Heaven help me if I find a game that's worth playing on it. :)

Active55

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
After talking with my gf about the usefulness of the device, I decided to return it. She was okay with it. :) The only Android wear watch that has any potential is the Samsung Gear S because it can be connected to 3G/WiFi and can be used without the phone being with you. But, it's only for Samsung phones and I have a Droid Turbo.

Oh well.

WOW! You might be very impressed with this coming LG SmartWatch. Like the SG Gear S it can do its' thing without another phone attached to it. And like the SG Gear S, it isn't running Android Wear either; apparently it's driven by WebOS!

LG AUDI R SMARTWATCH

"As you can see in the video below, the LG webOS smartwatch fully supports third-party applications and has cellular capabilities built into the device, allowing it to be used without a smartphone."

Beautiful! But 2016 seems like a lifetime away...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay