as rugged as it looks? (on the fence)

minnis12

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Really wanting a new gadget to compliment my new nexus 5. I'm a railroad conductor and I'm always in the rain and cold and my watch rubs on the side of cars, also the occasional bump but nothing torturous. I want to hear from people that use it daily because I rely on my watch. Is it as rugged and waterproof as reviewers say or will I destroy it in a few days? The screen bezel looks deep enough to protect the screen from scratches but is the body tough enough to take the blow?
Thanks in advance. I really want one but I don't want to destroy it

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I don't have the watch myself, but my friend has it - we both work in an office so the working environment is some what different to yours, I do know though that he wears it to the gym and it seems to hold out - I haven't followed him into the showers yet :) but he hasn't complained about the waterproofing.

Not sure if this is an option or not, but I have the pebble steel, for almost 6 months now and it's in great shape, nice small compact design means it rarely ever bangs on anything unless I deliberately want to knock it.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I've had the G Watch R since Christmas and wear it just about everyday. I've also worn it while clearing snow from two snow storms and the watch is as new.

I did put a screen protector on the screen (I am kind of "obsessive" about that) and I don't shower with a watch on. Hope this helps.

minnis12

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help folks. I would definitely put a screen protector on it. I can't stand scratches and scuffs on a screen. I may just get on and see how it goes lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Sebastian Bochenko

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I work in construction and bought the watch for work so that I don't have to take my phone out for every email, text, or call I receive. I use it daily for the past 2 months and it still looks like new. I did bang it against some walls and cabinets but not concrete or metal yet. I don't have a screen protector on the watch but I did leave the original clear plastic that's on the body of the watch. I will remove it once it starts to peel off by it self.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084