Why doesn't weather show on watch faces?

samplespace

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Why doesn't weather show on watch faces

I just got my new G Watch R yesterday, paired with my OnePlus One running Android 4.4 (CM11S), It worked perfectly.

Last night I installed a custom Android 5.0.2 ROM on my OnePlus One, reset my G Watch R, and paired with the same phone (with different version of Android.) It does sync everything, notifications, watch faces, apps, etc. But one thing that it doesn't work is weather information, It just appear as dashes. For example, the Specialized face offers time of sunrise and sunset, temperature, winds. Now It shows -- both on sunrise and sunset, --F, --mph. This happened to all other faces which offer weather forecast. However, weather in notification shows up correctly, as well as those in my phone.

Anything I can do to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Bill Mitchell

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: My G Watch R does't show weather information in any faces.

I recommend Watchmaker Premium. Well worth it as you get almost complete control over your watchfaces.

MeronApps

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: My G Watch R does't show weather information in any faces.

Usually watchface communication with phone is done by using Google Play Services. As you are using a custom ROM, it might be a problem with them, and that's why it is not working.

Try to search in the adb logcat of the device to try to gather some clues about it.

mrmoto

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Just happened to me too. No weather tags display in expressions now. Moto 360 and Nexus 6 stock. Using watchmaker premium. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling on phone but it didn't help.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Just happened to me too. No weather tags display in expressions now. Moto 360 and Nexus 6 stock. Using watchmaker premium. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling on phone but it didn't help.

I had to change weather data source...
In Watchmaker Premium click the " = " symbol at the top left => Settings => Weather => Weather Provider... I find Yahoo Weather (Legacy) works the best.

After doing that, all my weather info shows up as you;d expect.

HARRINGT0N

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I had to change weather data source...
In Watchmaker Premium click the " = " symbol at the top left => Settings => Weather => Weather Provider... I find Yahoo Weather (Legacy) works the best.

After doing that, all my weather info shows up as you;d expect.

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to say that this just worked for me. Thanks.