Can I get help with a recurring notification?

flyer00jay

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
A problem with a recurring notification

Hi all,

I have been very happy with my G Watch R, but I have one issue...

A few weeks back I was showing a friend how you can do web searches with your voice, and he is a huge basketball fan.
So I showed him the final from last nights game, he was impressed, and that was the end of it.
Until the next day it showed me the next games score without me asking for it.
After that it started showing me the score, then the upcoming game for the following day. (swipe, swipe) I am not a basketball fan.
Last night it showed me the score from the 1st quarter of the current game! Yikes, a monster!

I checked the notifications on my phone, and I don't see anything relevant to block...any help?
Thx

Shuyaib Abdullah

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: A problem with a recurring notification

try to press on the notification for like 3 sec and click on app info to go the app details and untick app notifications.

flyer00jay

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for the quick reply.
I will try it the next time it shows up and let you know.

Thank you!

flyer00jay

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

No luck, no amount of pressing the notification brings up any info. The background of the notification is a sports themed basketball.
I cannot swipe the notification any direction but to the right to dismiss.

flyer00jay

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

It only shows up on my watch, nothing on the phone.
I went into settings on my phone, sounds and notifications, application notifications, and unchecked an app called The Score.
I will see what happens...

Jackseric

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site

I think this is a Google Now notification. The next time you have that notification on your watch, you need to go to your Google Now cards on your phone, and find the card with the info for that team. Click the 3 dots near the upper right-hand corner of that particular card and click that you are not interested in updates on that team. You'll stop getting them on your watch.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I get to my Google Now cards by holding the home button for a second and tapping on Google at the bottom of the screen. Depending on your model of phone, you may have a different process to get there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech