LG G Watch R Dropping Bluetooth

bduerr1

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
My LG G Watch R is consistently dropping Bluetooth during the day. i have it set to notify me with a long vibrate when the phone is out of range and several times (8 to 10 times a day) i get pinged. when this happens my phone is either in my shirt pocket or in the back pocket in my jeans. In most cases it reconnects without incident. However it seems that if the phone and watch are separated the reconnect is very much less reliable especially if it is for more than a couple of seconds. I do get a notification on the Phone and a request to reconnect but the Wear app simply shows a steady 'reconnecting' message.
XDA has a forum on this but no fix.

I have tried several times to restart/reset the watch, uninstall/reinstall Wear, turn off/on Bluetooth, soft reset my HTC One M9, etc. I am not willing to do a factory reset of the M9 and spend several hours bringing it back to it current setup on the stock ROM. The watch will go back to Amazon before I do that.

My current work around is to put the watch into Airplane Mode, turn off the phone's Bluetooth, disconnect the watch in Wear then turn on Bluetooth, take the watch out of airline mode and hit the connect icon watch in Wear.

Maybe when we get WiFi in Q3 (July maybe?) this will be less an issue but until then . . .
LG's support for this device is useless . . .

MaddSkillz

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Mine did it all the time with my S4. Now with my LG G4 it seems better... It was so bad with the S4 that I almost left my phone in a restaurant even though it notified me that I left my phone... Because I was so used to the BT connection dropping I became numb to the entire "you left your phone, OMG!!!" notification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital