Why won't the Bluetooth on my watch turn on?

sabre1106

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth on watch wont turn on

So ive been having this problem for a while now and just now getting around to finding the answer.

I reset my watch to factory defaults because I was having trouble with it connecting to my phone. I would randomly disconnect with the phone in my pocket.

Anyways, so now I'm trying to get it to pair to my phone and when I go into setting under Bluetooth devices on the watch it asks:
Turn on Bluetooth?
Are you Sure?
I click the check mark and it attempts to turn the Bluetooth on and fail and goes back to asking my if I want to turn Bluetooth on again...

Anyone with this problem or solutions?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth on watch wont turn on

How long have you had the watch? Did you try factory resetting it again to see if that fixes it?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I have the same problem. I've had mine since they came out. Ever since the OS update, it would disconnect frequently from the phone and I would have to restart the watch and the phone. This time it wouldn't reconnect. Tried turning on the bluetooth on the watch and got the same results as above. Tried the factory reset in the settings (doesn't reset it back to the original version of Android Wear) and that didn't help. Even did the big reset by going into the bootloader. Have to reset it several times before the phone sees it to pair with it and then it get stuck in Synching Data because the watch disconnects again. Even tried pairing it with my tablet and the same problem.

I did read in a few places that people are putting the watch in the refrigerator to get the bluetooth working again. I'll try that when I get home and then it's off to LG.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site

So I tried the refrigerator trick and it actually worked! Well it worked until the watch warmed up and then disconnected from the phone. Several more resets later and still no go. I guess I need to wear an icepack around my wrist to make it work.

Now, do I return it to Sprint or go straight to LG?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I ended up sending mine back to LG. They got it on 6/30/15 according to FedEx but the status page on LG still says they're waiting for me to ship it in. I've contacted them three times and they can't find any info on it and promise to contact me back and don't.

I don't know what others are experiencing with them but this sucks.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Called LG again and they told me that someone had entered my watch in as the wrong model so they gave me another Repair Authorization number but even that one says that they are still waiting for me to ship it in. Told me it would take 5-7 days to repair it even though they can't be sure where it is. If I don't get it back in the next 10 days I'll be calling them for a replacement. Very frustrating.

sabre1106

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have been having trouble with them too. Sent it in twice now and it still doesn't work. This past time the LG status page never updated for me either and I contacted them like everyday and finally I got a email saying that it was being shipped back. I got it back and the LG status page still says it waiting for me to ship it. But the watch still doesn't work and I just contacted them and they said to send it back in and that I will possibly get a replacement this time around.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just got watch back today after them losing it for over a month. They received it according to FedEx on 6/30/15.

The paperwork says they replaced the flash memory and replaced case (front, rear, upper, lower).

The watch has the same serial number and it looks like the same case as it has the minor scratches as when I sent it.

They did put a new strap on it even though I sent it in without one (the leather strap is too small for me anyway).

It is connecting to the phone now but the watch is only on Android Wear 4.4W1 so it doesn't work with the apps I have installed or the features of the app on the phone. Checked for updates on the watch and it says it's up to date. I'll have to wait for it to catch up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463