LG G Watch R problems when trying to reconnect

Ivailo Yanev

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys :)

So I got a LG G Watch R last night from a friend and I have this issue - the watch works great with all the notifications and such, stays connected... simply gorgeous little thing. The problem is that whenever I disconnect it from my phone (put it too far, manually disconnect it from the phone or from the watch, etc.) the Watch has problems finding the phone when I proceed with "find a device" option... It simply stays like this and gets nothing. I have to manually perform a factory reset, go through all the procedure of setting it up with the phone and then works great, until it gets disconnected again.

I'm using LG G3 32GB with Stock Android 5.0
The watch was used with Nexus 5 with Android 5.1.1 (as far as I know) and says:
Android Wear 1.1.1.1929630
Google Play Services 7.5.71 (1955121-534)
Android OS 5.1.1

My best guess is that the watch shows Android 5.1.1 while my phone is with 5.0

I would really appreciate any and all comments, suggestions and piece of advice. Feel free to ask if you happen to need more info.

Cheers!

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
are u going thru Bluetooth to reconnect??? if you are reconnect thru the android wear app. Hope this helps

Posted via AC app on my X 14

Ivailo Yanev

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Actually it got fixed on its own somehow. A day later it connected by itself the moment I turned the Bluetooth of the phone, synchronized and everything and is still working pretty good. :) I have no idea what happened but it's fine now. Thanks anyway. :)

Ivailo Yanev

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
No it is strange that the watch itself shows Android OS 5.1.1 but my phone is with Android 5.0

Should I be worried? Should I change anything?

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
no, that's normal...is like two computers, they just running diff software.

Posted via AC app on my X 14

Ivailo Yanev

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I figured. It's just that it shows an Android version (the 5.1.1) and a Android Wear version (which is 1.1.1.1929530). This got me thinking but I guess it's normal. :) Thanks.