Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I want to buy a smartwatch and have to decide between Neo and the LG watch. I have Note 3 and S5 (pre-ordered) - so both work for me. The LG thanks to Android wear has awesome features - but there are some things the Neo can do / has that are still not known about the LG:

IP 67?
    Heart rate sensor?
    Can you make/answer calls?
    3rd party apps possible?

Do we know any of these things? I am a little worried about the call function - because they didn't show calls in the Android wear video...

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Default Re: LG watch vs Gear 2 Neo

Pretty sure that it the new android wear is designed to be used with voice actions so I don't see why it couldn't handle calls from the wrist.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default Re: LG watch vs Gear 2 Neo

Quote Originally Posted by MasterElwood View Post
    I want to buy a smartwatch and have to decide between Neo and the LG watch. I have Note 3 and S5 (pre-ordered) - so both work for me. The LG thanks to Android wear has awesome features - but there are some things the Neo can do / has that are still not known about the LG:

IP 67?
    Heart rate sensor?
    Can you make/answer calls?
    3rd party apps possible?

Do we know any of these things? I am a little worried about the call function - because they didn't show calls in the Android wear video...

The main reason I bought a Neo is to play with the voice command which is laggy,but ok. I use the speakerphone sometimes and it's handy when you're alone, but I will take an always listening, Google Now over this any day. I also enjoy the IR function as that's handy to turn on my projector so it can warm up as i walk into the room.
    The Neo's HRM and health tracking are inaccurate most times. For me it's a gimmick until they sort out the bugs.
    Waterproofing will be important on any watch I own (at least from a showering/washing hands/use in the rain standpoint).
    On the Neo - what 3rd party apps? I'm hoping it will change soon, but i feel like I bought the Windows Phone of smartwatches - hardly anyone is developing for Tizen yet even with claims it is so easy to since it's HTML5.
    I'm 90% my Neo will end up in the drawer along w/ my older smartwatches when Android Wear drops.