Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default LG G Watch Disconnected...

    Many times when searching via voice I'm getting a "disconnected" error with a list of other things to tap (like when you tap the clock to see a list of actions).

    The phone is within a few feet, on a solid wifi connection. Droid Maxx from Verizon, stock ROM. Watch is the LG G Watch, including the update that came out today.

    Any thoughts?
  2. #2  
    bmarvoz's Avatar

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    I noticed this once as well on a solid wifi connection. Switched off wifi and on to 4g and it worked. Haven't noticed it since that though even on wifi. Another curious thing is that I couldn't download the initial update on a wifi connection (It failed after trying to start downloading it for 5 minutes) . Had to do it on 4g
  3. #3  
    jschu22's Avatar

    Posts
    430 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    Quote Originally Posted by mickmel View Post
    Many times when searching via voice I'm getting a "disconnected" error with a list of other things to tap (like when you tap the clock to see a list of actions).

    The phone is within a few feet, on a solid wifi connection. Droid Maxx from Verizon, stock ROM. Watch is the LG G Watch, including the update that came out today.

    Any thoughts?
    And you're sure the watch is connected to the phone?

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    I've got exactly the same, voice searches would work immediately after doing a BT disconnect/connect cycle, but then fail afterwards. As soon as I disabled wifi on the phone, they would work every time... I'm now on a different wifi network and all is fine, will try and establish what the differences between them are. My phone is Nexus 5 running CM11.

    EDIT: After a couple of hours out on cell connection, it's failed to recognise voice, it's like a connection has been dropped... The app shows it as connected though. When I disconnect on the app and then try to reconnect it hangs on "connecting...". While the watch is in the state where a voice search won't work, it doesn't show the cloud disconnected symbol though, only after that search has failed.

    tl;dr: I suspect it's the BT on the phone...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    Quote Originally Posted by jschu22 View Post
    And you're sure the watch is connected to the phone?
    Absolutely. Notifications come through fine, and about 50% of the voice queries work. Just randomly about half won't work. Sometimes a few in a row will work, sometimes not. I can't seem to find a pattern.
  6. #6  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    Quote Originally Posted by mickmel View Post
    Absolutely. Notifications come through fine, and about 50% of the voice queries work. Just randomly about half won't work. Sometimes a few in a row will work, sometimes not. I can't seem to find a pattern.
    When this happens, what if you turn BT off then on again? That's the thing I seem to have to do to get it to work at the moment.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    Quote Originally Posted by gumbald View Post
    When this happens, what if you turn BT off then on again? That's the thing I seem to have to do to get it to work at the moment.
    I don't even really need to do that; simply trying again often works. It's just annoying to ask something, have it convert speech to text, then fail, then have to do it again -- often.
  8. #8  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    Quote Originally Posted by mickmel View Post
    I don't even really need to do that; simply trying again often works. It's just annoying to ask something, have it convert speech to text, then fail, then have to do it again -- often.
    Ah, maybe we're slightly different then, mine doesn't make it to speech to text stage, the circle just spins top right on an otherwise blank screen.
  9. #9  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    Quote Originally Posted by gumbald View Post
    Ah, maybe we're slightly different then, mine doesn't make it to speech to text stage, the circle just spins top right on an otherwise blank screen.
    I'm having a similar, albeit infrequent problem with my Samsung Gear Live. Something mysterious going on here.
  10. #10  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonaward View Post
    I'm having a similar, albeit infrequent problem with my Samsung Gear Live. Something mysterious going on here.
    What phone/OS are you on?
  11. #11  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    Quote Originally Posted by gumbald View Post
    What phone/OS are you on?
    HTC One (M8) running stock software (Android 4.4.2).
  12. #12  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    I've just done a reset and changed nothing except for turning off the step card - will see when it first happens again.

    UPDATE: Worked for ages, then just stopped again until I did disconnect/connect on Android Wear app. This is quite frustrating.
  13. #13  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    Happened with me as well, and I just got impatient and reset the watch to factory lol...it kept all the updates though, so only like 2 mins. I have noticed that overnight I had my phone and watch right next to each other, phone on Nexus wireless charger and G Watch not charging powered off. When I woke up and turned it on it couldn't sync at all. But yeah, #EarlyAdopterProblems
  14. #14  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    Same problem here, was working fine yesterday but noticed it this morning. Have to turn bluetooth off than on to get it working again.
  15. #15  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    I have the same issue, I am on Wifi and the watch is getting disconnected from bluetooth a-lot - I am also using a HTC M8..hmm
  16. #16  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    Quote Originally Posted by Swatto View Post
    I have the same issue, I am on Wifi and the watch is getting disconnected from bluetooth a-lot - I am also using a HTC M8..hmm
    I'm also having this issue on the HTC M8....Hmmm...
  17. #17  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    I have an HTC M8 as well that I'll be pairing it to when I get the watch tomorrow. Is this something of concern?
  18. #18  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    [HTC One M8] - Quite possibly a concern.

    This seems to only happen when wifi is also switched on whilst the watch is paired. The funny thing is I use an app called 'Android Wear Find Phone' - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mo.findmyphone - this still works and can play a sound on my phone despite the google now voice function showing 'Disconnected'.
  19. #19  
    mosi76's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

    Angry re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    I just got my LG G Watch and paired it with my stock Moto X running 4.4. It paired no problem but I would say 95% of the time I get a disconnected message when doing a voice search. It is pretty infuriating.

    Notifications still seem to come through and I still get served cards but voice search fails almost all the time. When I initially went from Wifi to 4g it worked for one search and then back to disconnected. It doesn't seem to be a phone problem since people on here are using a number of different phones. This is a bug that needs to get fixed ASAP by Google.

    I am disappointed but hopeful they can get this quickly fixed.
  20. #20  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    I just got an Android Wear update pushed to my Gear Live to build KMV78X. Crossing my fingers that this helps the issue.
  21. #21  
    mosi76's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonaward View Post
    I just got an Android Wear update pushed to my Gear Live to build KMV78X. Crossing my fingers that this helps the issue.
    Be interested to hear your results. My LG G Watch is currently on KMV78V
  22. #22  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    UPDATE: Disconnected issue also happens when using 4G only (HTC One M8).
  23. #23  
    mosi76's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    that is disappointing
  24. #24  

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    It's hard to sit here and be excited about receiving mine tomorrow knowing this stuff is going on. Especially since most complaints are coming from M8 owners! Might be time to go back to a Nexus 5 :P
  25. #25  
    bmarvoz's Avatar

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

    Default re: LG G Watch Disconnected...

    Quote Originally Posted by guinnkevinr View Post
    It's hard to sit here and be excited about receiving mine tomorrow knowing this stuff is going on. Especially since most complaints are coming from M8 owners! Might be time to go back to a Nexus 5 :P
    #EarlyAdopterProblems

    I'm sure these problems will be addressed soon. I did have the disconnected issue a fair amount today and notifications just altogether stopped getting pushed to the watch. After disabling/enabling bluetooth on the phone everything started working again.
    mosi76 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Moto 360: Why a Watch
    By Ry in forum Moto 360
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 06:50 AM
  2. Lg G2 with Hangouts Won't recieve MMS
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 11:14 PM
  3. LG G2 16gb custom rom queries
    By JozayG2 in forum LG G2 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 01:08 PM
  4. LG L90 does not find backup on the phone
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 07:34 AM

Posting Permissions