First Impressions Thread

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
My first impressions are very possitive for the most part. Got my G Watch yesterday at 1:00 in New York... (Black Titan) to pair w/ my HTC One Max. Setup was easy and painless and was up and running soon after charging and updating and downloading Android Wear to phone. Battery life seems ok especially if you turn off the always on feature in settings. I don't mind tapping the screen even just to see the time. It's better than taking phone out of backpack...

So far yesterday I didn't have that many cards on the watch, but this morning? Oh man!!! I was hit with tapatalk notifications, pulse news highlights, emails, weather, appointments and more!!! Amazing! I like that you can go deeper into some apps by swiping left. It's really awesome IMO.

I also really like the design. Fits perfectly... Very comfortable. Nice size screen too.

Voice commands were hit or miss but for just looking stuff up like facts and stuff it works great... I will be using this feature a lot.

So those are my first impressions of the LG G Watch. Please let us know yours if you have one and if you ordered one yet... And if u have any questions about the watch fire away...

tcournoy

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I love mine as well! Setup was easy and it took a little bit to start getting cards but once I did, it was great!

As for battery, I also turned always on off to save some battery. So far mine has been on for 5 hours today and its used about 28% battery but I have been showing it off most of the morning to curious people so normal use will probably be better than that.

Posted via my Red Nexus 5 on the Android Central App

nyijedi

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had a generally positive experience as well. One thing that irks me a little though is that the vibration sensor isn't as strong as I would like. On my original Pebble, I would NEVER miss a notification because the buzz was extremely noticeable. The vibration on the G watch is much less than on the Pebble, and I've already missed a bunch of notifications coming in because of this (of course they're still displayed on the screen, but I like knowing that if I didn't feel a buzz, I don't have a notification).

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Great first day with mine. Works as expected. Very unobtrusive, discreet. Was wondering if it is possible to change the color of the polar watch face? Not even an issue. Very very light and comfortable. Quick. Audio controls work fine. Speech to text is awesome. Almost seems better than my phone. Sometimes. Overall I made the right decision.

Posted via Android Central App

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Got it last night love the weight and the look on my wrist. Going to give it the ultimate test all day today at my job. The text to speech was perfect loving it so far. A little worried about battery life though hope I at least get a full day. I love how I can temporarily mute incoming notification on the watch itself. The steel didn't have an on the fly easy way and when I go into one on one meetings it'd very useful

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
To update my initial first impressions: the watch is still working great and yesterday for instance, I had an appointment downtown. So the watch automatically displayed a card with my destination and the bus I should take... When I tapped on that card it gave me the bus schedule for when each bus would arrive. Wow! I don't even know how Google figured out where I was going just from the name of the person my appointment was with!!! Maybe cause I always end up there when I have that appointment?? Maybe cause I have entered the address in past appointments with that person??? Who knows... All I know is that bus schedule saved me time from waiting for the bus. Extremely useful feature, and I didn't have to set it to do that or anything. It just knew! Awesome!!!

Also I got nook notifications for free stuff on the watch and played around with the watch faces which are pretty cool. A lot of the reviews I've been reading are negative but idk... Maybe I'm missing something but this whole Android Wear thing seems revolutionary to me... It feels like the future.

tom neary

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I got mine on Monday and have been enjoying it very much. Still getting use to the watch and having notifications popping up. I don't have many cards yet and sometimes when you doing a voice text to someone the microphone comes up saying not working. It feels good on my writst. Not heavy and I thought the watch would be bigger from all the pics and reviewers. So far so good, I like.

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
My first impressions are very positive. Used the Runtastic app flawlessly. Don't try to reply to texts outside in the wind as the voice recognition has bad results. Otherwise, indoors, the speech recognition is great. I love not having to pull my phone out of my pocket just to check.

I understand that this is new ground and things will only improve, but an initial gripe I have is I can't find a watch face that shows the current temp. Why would you not have that?

tcournoy

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
How are you guys feeling about battery life? With a more "normal" second day of use (i.e. not showing it off constantly nor using it constantly just because it is new) I answered several texts form the watch, checked some emails and used the calculator several times and I have had 31% battery drain after about 11 hours.Not stellar by any means but that is better than my Nexus 5 and I don't complain when I have to charge that.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been using my watch for all of 4 hours so far. I love not having to look at my phone when I get a text and I'm really loving being able to text via voice while driving. I feel like I'm getting my monies worth with it. The only thing is, you need to speak really clearly with almost perfect diction for this thing to understand what you're saying. I've had a few clunker text messages sent having almost nothing to do with what I've sent and the "Cancel" button is so close to the "Ok" so it sends anyway when I try to stop it. I've explained to a few people that I'm texting from my watch. Haha.

I actually really like the watch band it came with but I will probably swap it out when I find one I like.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
How is everyone else texting via the watch? I do not have that option.

you can use the "send text to xxx" command from ok google. what i want to know is how do you reply to a text via nothing but voice like they do in the promo video. its not working at all for me. going to start a new thread in the main section about that

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
you can use the "send text to xxx" command from ok google. what i want to know is how do you reply to a text via nothing but voice like they do in the promo video. its not working at all for me. going to start a new thread in the main section about that

The only way I've found to reply to a text is the swiping over twice and hitting the "Respond to SMS" option or whatever it says. It then lets you talk the message.

V6Hawk

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Got my watch on monday and i've officially used it for 2 full days. Overall impression is very positive. I love this damn thing. It's paired with my one M8 and after a full day use I was hooked. It's very smart, and intuitive on what I want. For instance, I get up for work usually around 8 and it had a card ready for me on my watch telling me how the traffic was. I enjoy the text notifications, it also tells me when I get snapchat or a message through whatsapp. I would like if I could read the full whatapp message like I can through hangouts. I'm sure that will all come with time. The voice software kind of blew me away. I was going 70 down the highway, with my windows down and it was still able to decode what I was saying. Very impressive.

Battery life. From 9 am to 1 am in the morning the watch was unplugged and was put through some pretty heavy usage of me playing with it and just having fun with it. Unplugged at 100%, plugged it back in and it was at 24%. You will definitely get one full day out of it.

Build quality. I'm very impressed with the build quality. It doesn't feel cheap at all. I like the steel going around the sides and the plastic on the bottom seems to be a higher quality and not flimsy. The band for me is what makes it look boring so I have a new band on the way. The charging dock is actually very easy to use and seems to snap in pretty sturdily with the magnets.

Over all I'm loving this watch. It's responsive, very fast, and the overall quality is superb. I'm glad I got the G Watch. Sure, moto 360 is coming out soon. I didn't want to wait though, and I'm glad I didn't. I feel like the possibilities for android wear will expand greatly thanks to devs and the wear community. I'm excited to see where this goes!

V6Hawk

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey man, try this watch face out. I found it on a subbreddit and I'm enjoying it. Shows time, weather, date, and the subtle animation for the time is nice. A solid watchface.

LINK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463