Battery Dying Real Quick

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Left the apt with a fully charged watch at 9am. At 2:30pm a message popped up saying I had %4 battery left. I barely used the watch. Seriously, I've been so busy I only used it 2 or 3 times and for a few seconds. I'm worried I have a bad battery. Anybody else?

tcournoy

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd say that is a big part of it. With the display off and brightness at 3 I have gotten 14+ hours today and still at 66%

Posted via my Red Nexus 5 on the Android Central App

Fearless Freep

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I've ended a 14 hour day with 30 and 40 percent remaining the first two days. Something doesn't seem right with your. What phone are you connecting to?

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Always on
brightness 4

I have the same settings on my G Watch... Always on, brightness 4 and buttloads of notifications and voice dictated replies and I still get 14-16 hours out of it (even with heavy use).

Connected to a stock Nexus 5 running 4.4.4.

My usage hasn't been that heavy today but I'm am at about 13 hours off the charger and 47% battery left according to the G Watch.

SteveMW

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I like having the time immediately available and have my G watch always on. I go thru the entire day and have 39% battery remain I'm. However I keep my display setting at 1 and am paired with a Nexus 5 that receives numerous emails and text messages. No apps are muted.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Left the apt with a fully charged watch at 9am. At 2:30pm a message popped up saying I had %4 battery left. I barely used the watch. Seriously, I've been so busy I only used it 2 or 3 times and for a few seconds. I'm worried I have a bad battery. Anybody else?

This seems defective. My buddy got 24 hours plus with full brightness and always on.

I just got my G watch and after 6 hours of heavy usage I still had 75% of battery left.

Posted via Android Central App

GNDorn

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Had the watch about a day and a half. Yesterday was my first full day. I started the day at 6:30 AM with full bright and always on and got down to 10 percent about 8:00 PM. Today I will run with always on set to off.

goddimus

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I notice that mine works great most of the time, getting me through until bed time with 40% remaining. But on occasion I notice that my watch keeps waking up when listening to podcasts. The media playback controls keep popping up and waking the screen up. I only realize it when my wrist starts to get hot and then I look down and my battery has tanked.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
There is no sense to keep the display always on.. 15 hours for me yesterday with 4 bright display.

There is quite a bit os sense to have it on. I do not want to tap on my watch to turn it one. I want it on all the tiem so I can see it quick and easy. Whats the point of a watch then?

fridgey100

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm on day 2 of use and have my screen brightness set to 6. Today I took the watch off charge at about 5am and am still going strong, 39%, at 9.40pm after a day of heavy use and question answering / demos from interested colleagues and friends.

I don't however have screen set to always on as the screen is activated when I lift my arm.

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm on day 2 of use and have my screen brightness set to 6. Today I took the watch off charge at about 5am and am still going strong, 39%, at 9.40pm after a day of heavy use and question answering / demos from interested colleagues and friends.

I don't however have screen set to always on as the screen is activated when I lift my arm.

Yeah, that last part.

Doesn't seem to work that well anymore.

Jlav78

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm ending the day with about 20% left. I'm still in the 'experiment with shiny new gadget' phase so it should improve over time, I have heavy usage now. I have a 12 hour cycle. My watch takes less than two hours to charge currently. I'm using always on, and consistently have the brightness high, you might have a faulty model.

oj330i

Feb 11, 2010
mobilechaos.blogspot.com
My G watch did that the first time I used it. It was down to something like 14% battery life after just a few hours off the charger. Since then, I typically wear it all day with the display at 3 and always on and when I get home I have probably 60% battery left.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith