Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Dying Real Quick

Left the apt with a fully charged watch at 9am. At 2:30pm a message popped up saying I had %4 battery left. I barely used the watch. Seriously, I've been so busy I only used it 2 or 3 times and for a few seconds. I'm worried I have a bad battery. Anybody else?

ROM

Default Re: Battery Dying Real Quick

What are your settings for leaving the display on/brightness?

Posted via my Red Nexus 5 on the Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by tcournoy View Post
    What are your settings for leaving the display on/brightness?

Always on
    brightness 4

ROM

I'd say that is a big part of it. With the display off and brightness at 3 I have gotten 14+ hours today and still at 66%

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

That just can't be right. I went from %85 to %4 in just a few hours.

I've ended a 14 hour day with 30 and 40 percent remaining the first two days. Something doesn't seem right with your. What phone are you connecting to?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Freep View Post
    I've ended a 14 hour day with 30 and 40 percent remaining the first two days. Something doesn't seem right with your. What phone are you connecting to?
    The M8.

There is no sense to keep the display always on.. 15 hours for me yesterday with 4 bright display.

Quote Originally Posted by LocationDudeNYC View Post
    Always on
    brightness 4
    I have the same settings on my G Watch... Always on, brightness 4 and buttloads of notifications and voice dictated replies and I still get 14-16 hours out of it (even with heavy use).

Connected to a stock Nexus 5 running 4.4.4.

My usage hasn't been that heavy today but I'm am at about 13 hours off the charger and 47% battery left according to the G Watch.

I like having the time immediately available and have my G watch always on. I go thru the entire day and have 39% battery remain I'm. However I keep my display setting at 1 and am paired with a Nexus 5 that receives numerous emails and text messages. No apps are muted.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,741 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LocationDudeNYC View Post
    Left the apt with a fully charged watch at 9am. At 2:30pm a message popped up saying I had %4 battery left. I barely used the watch. Seriously, I've been so busy I only used it 2 or 3 times and for a few seconds. I'm worried I have a bad battery. Anybody else?
    This seems defective. My buddy got 24 hours plus with full brightness and always on.

I just got my G watch and after 6 hours of heavy usage I still had 75% of battery left.

Posted via Android Central App

Had the watch about a day and a half. Yesterday was my first full day. I started the day at 6:30 AM with full bright and always on and got down to 10 percent about 8:00 PM. Today I will run with always on set to off.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

I notice that mine works great most of the time, getting me through until bed time with 40% remaining. But on occasion I notice that my watch keeps waking up when listening to podcasts. The media playback controls keep popping up and waking the screen up. I only realize it when my wrist starts to get hot and then I look down and my battery has tanked.

Quote Originally Posted by Melchio85 View Post
    There is no sense to keep the display always on.. 15 hours for me yesterday with 4 bright display.
    There is quite a bit os sense to have it on. I do not want to tap on my watch to turn it one. I want it on all the tiem so I can see it quick and easy. Whats the point of a watch then?
    Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

I'm on day 2 of use and have my screen brightness set to 6. Today I took the watch off charge at about 5am and am still going strong, 39%, at 9.40pm after a day of heavy use and question answering / demos from interested colleagues and friends.

I don't however have screen set to always on as the screen is activated when I lift my arm.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by fridgey100 View Post
    I'm on day 2 of use and have my screen brightness set to 6. Today I took the watch off charge at about 5am and am still going strong, 39%, at 9.40pm after a day of heavy use and question answering / demos from interested colleagues and friends.

I don't however have screen set to always on as the screen is activated when I lift my arm.

Yeah, that last part.

Doesn't seem to work that well anymore.

I'm ending the day with about 20% left. I'm still in the 'experiment with shiny new gadget' phase so it should improve over time, I have heavy usage now. I have a 12 hour cycle. My watch takes less than two hours to charge currently. I'm using always on, and consistently have the brightness high, you might have a faulty model.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

My G watch did that the first time I used it. It was down to something like 14% battery life after just a few hours off the charger. Since then, I typically wear it all day with the display at 3 and always on and when I get home I have probably 60% battery left.