Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Default Controlling media volume

Is it possible to control the volume of your media player with this watch? I've searched but can't find an answer. Trying to decide what I want to get.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    4,210 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Controlling media volume

Quote Originally Posted by jlo3378 View Post
    Is it possible to control the volume of your media player with this watch? I've searched but can't find an answer. Trying to decide what I want to get.

Thanks in advance!

I've been looking at a lot of reviews and might have found your answer here: LG G Watch Review - Smartwatch Reviews

According to the review from Tom's Guide, you are unable to adjust the volume of music with the watch, but you are able to change the song track.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post

According to the review from Tom's Guide, you are unable to adjust the volume of music with the watch, but you are able to change the song track.
    Thanks for the link! I wonder if it's something they may be incorporating into it at some point. I was an early adopter of the original gear and enjoyed the watch actually, but switched to LG g3 and got the galaxy gear to work but limited and battery draining horribly.

Global Posts
    4,210 Global Posts
    ROM

Thanks for the link! I wonder if it's something they may be incorporating into it at some point. I was an early adopter of the original gear and enjoyed the watch actually, but switched to LG g3 and got the galaxy gear to work but limited and battery draining horribly.

Makes sense. However, for me per say, I would use the watch while running.

I usually play music at a certain volume level, and leave it alone.

That's just my experience. It's strange that you are unable to do it via the watch though O_o.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Makes sense.
    I usually play music at a certain volume level, and leave it alone.
    It came in handy when my son would be watching Netflix and turn the volume all the way up. I was able to turn it back down without chasing him! Lol.

Global Posts
    4,210 Global Posts
    ROM

It came in handy when my son would be watching Netflix and turn the volume all the way up. I was able to turn it back down without chasing him! Lol.

I think I read somewhere that you can adjust the volume on Netflix with the G watch. :P

I'll try and find it again.

When paired with my ATT LG G3 phone, and using the default music player, I can change tracks. Also the album art shows up on the watch.

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

I think I read somewhere that you can adjust the volume on Netflix with the G watch. :P

I'll try and find it again.
    I just tried it. Doesn't work, just play and pause. I have no doubt that once this platform matures just a bit, app interactions will have grown by leaps and bounds. Now please excuse me I need to finish watching Hemlock Grove.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

I could swear I saw a guy controlling the volume from his watch on youtube. I'll have to search for it.

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

found it. He's using an app for the watch called wearable widgets

Apparently not an idea solution as its apparently heavy on the battery life and it seems from the reviews it requires the app open on your phone as well.
    Last edited by Mikest; 07-23-2014 at 11:15 PM.

Try Music Boss

Quote Originally Posted by stan23 View Post
    When paired with my ATT LG G3 phone, and using the default music player, I can change tracks. Also the album art shows up on the watch.
    Yep works brilliantly with Google Music as well.