Got mine today!

tmletourneau

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Picked mine up today from Best Buy. I decided to activate it at the store and I'm glad I did, I couldn't get it to activate. It hung on wait a sec, checked sw versions, rebooted the phone and reset the G Watch with no change. They grabbed another one and it connected and setup just fine. I am liking it so far, the notifications are nice and I am sure I will use the voice searching as I get use to having it. I like the screen and the watch over. I do not like the band however.

Does anyone mind posting links to black metal bands they have bought that they like? I know several people have picked up new bands but I haven't found any links to where they were purchased from. *** Never mind, I found links. I ordered this one https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...026&mpre=http://www.ebay.com/itm/201134337673 in black. :) ***

Tom

Last edited:

AlfieB

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hope you enjoy your G Watch, why did you choose the LG option over Samsung or Motorola may I ask?

Enjoy your wearable watch I'm still loving my Galaxy Gear 1, ahahaha I suppose it's because I've got Google now on it.

Posted via Android Central App

tmletourneau

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hope you enjoy your G Watch, why did you choose the LG option over Samsung or Motorola may I ask?

Enjoy your wearable watch I'm still loving my Galaxy Gear 1, ahahaha I suppose it's because I've got Google now on it.

I decided on the LG because I did notice the difference in quality between the LG and the Samsung when the faces muted. Also, I found the extra pixels on the Samsung display were not that not noticeable to me. As for the Moto, not only is it not out yet but I am not sure if I like the round face or not so I decided not to wait. If it comes out and I decide I want it I can always sell the LG (or keep both :)).

Sent from a mobile device.

AlfieB

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I decided on the LG because I did notice the difference in quality between the LG and the Samsung when the faces muted. Also, I found the extra pixels on the Samsung display were not that not noticeable to me. As for the Moto, not only is it not out yet but I am not sure if I like the round face or not so I decided not to wait. If it comes out and I decide I want it I can always sell the LG (or keep both :)).

Sent from a mobile device.

Keep both sounds more fun.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I got mine from my local Verizon store..they had 2 left..all black (and like the idiots most of the reps are, my guy told me it has a speaker built in and spent 2 min looking for it while I just leaned back and smiled). I like it so far..and have it rooted, bootloader unlocked with TWRP installed lol..

I did want to wait for the Moto 360 since that thing looks beautiful as all hell, but the not knowing the price point and once I get something into my head that I want to buy, ill buy it that night, guess I couldnt wait lol.. The LG works just peachy, and I hope the Android Wear takes off!

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I got mine from my local Verizon store..they had 2 left..all black (and like the idiots most of the reps are, my guy told me it has a speaker built in and spent 2 min looking for it while I just leaned back and smiled). I like it so far..and have it rooted, bootloader unlocked with TWRP installed lol..

I did want to wait for the Moto 360 since that thing looks beautiful as all hell, but the not knowing the price point and once I get something into my head that I want to buy, ill buy it that night, guess I couldnt wait lol.. The LG works just peachy, and I hope the Android Wear takes off!
Exact same here. Just got mine from best buy. I like it so far. I Had the galaxy gear and returned it. Didn't like it. So far I like the LG watch much better. Only been a few hours but so far so good. I want the moto watch and will probably get that as well when it releases. Only time will tell no pun intended lol

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I actually returned mine and went with the Gear Live...I just feels better on the wrist for me I guess..That curved backing on it as opposed to the square flat back with the G Watch, sort of sold me on it !!

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I actually returned mine and went with the Gear Live...I just feels better on the wrist for me I guess..That curved backing on it as opposed to the square flat back with the G Watch, sort of sold me on it !!
What are the major differences between the two.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I had a great watch previously. Hated it and returned it. I didn't like the band nor the camera sticking out. Haven't tried the new one yet you have. I heard it's good but saw complaints on battery life. How do you like yours.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I had a great watch previously. Hated it and returned it. I didn't like the band nor the camera sticking out. Haven't tried the new one yet you have. I heard it's good but saw complaints on battery life. How do you like yours.

Well there is no difference in hardware, aside from the Samsung looking better given the screen and the LG having a slightly bigger battery. The battery life is...well I really could not say atm...I put my stuff on chargers every night regardless, but the watch so far has gone a full day (8am-12pm) without shutting off on me lol.

Oh and its 29.99 cheaper !

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Well there is no difference in hardware, aside from the Samsung looking better given the screen and the LG having a slightly bigger battery. The battery life is...well I really could not say atm...I put my stuff on chargers every night regardless, but the watch so far has gone a full day (8am-12pm) without shutting off on me lol.

Oh and its 29.99 cheaper !
Nice. Keep us posted on what you think. I still have line a while before my return date is up so I'm interested to see what you think.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Nice. Keep us posted on what you think. I still have line a while before my return date is up so I'm interested to see what you think.

Well..I pulled it off the charger at 10:30 am, did quite a bit of texting with it, showed my brother how it all works, used it to play some music, and I am sitting at 25% left and its 12:03am..I also have it set to where the screen is always on. I would say give it a shot Areyes...you can always return it and get the G Watch back (after you return that one first lol..well thats what I do anyway!)

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Tower72: 8 am to... 12 pm or 12 am??

I just bought one but I'd hardly call 8 am to 12 pm a full day. 8 am to midnight, however, is a different story.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Tower72: 8 am to... 12 pm or 12 am??

I just bought one but I'd hardly call 8 am to 12 pm a full day. 8 am to midnight, however, is a different story.

Lol sorry...10:30am Saturday morning to 12am Sunday morning. Actually when I went to bed at 3:30am this morning, it was 14% left so it got me thru that day...but thats about it.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Lol sorry...10:30am Saturday morning to 12am Sunday morning. Actually when I went to bed at 3:30am this morning, it was 14% left so it got me thru that day...but thats about it.
Gotcha. I've had mine 48 hours so far, so hard to judge battery life at this point. I haven't had it on for a full work day with constant emails and such, but if it can make it from 7am to midnight with solid usage, I'll be satisfied.

It will, however, be a big change from my Pebble Steel which will go 3-4 days between charges with lots of notifications, weather updates every 30 minutes, etc.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha. I've had mine 48 hours so far, so hard to judge battery life at this point. I haven't had it on for a full work day with constant emails and such, but if it can make it from 7am to midnight with solid usage, I'll be satisfied.

It will, however, be a big change from my Pebble Steel which will go 3-4 days between charges with lots of notifications, weather updates every 30 minutes, etc.

well today was a heavy usage day.. Lots of notifications, used it to reply to ALL my text messages so the screen was on ALOT between 7am and -5:30 pm...at the end it had 25% left...

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, so far I've had no trouble either.
Screen always on, brightness at 4, off charger at 7:30 am... presently 10 pm with 47% left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith