Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default step counter

While I love to think I walk 500 steps to every corner at work it's just not possible. Does anyone know how to calibrate the counter or is there a better app

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: step counter

that step counter is crap.

What's more, the card for your steps has this annoying habit of always displaying itself above other cards that I want displayed more frequently (like weather). Every once in a while, even if I have "show step card" set to "off," the step card will appear anyway.

It goes back to an initial gripe I had with Google Now, but I really wish there was a "default to X card" option.

Quote Originally Posted by Small_law View Post
    What's more, the card for your steps has this annoying habit of always displaying itself above other cards that I want displayed more frequently (like weather). Every once in a while, even if I have "show step card" set to "off," the step card will appear anyway.

It goes back to an initial gripe I had with Google Now, but I really wish there was a "default to X card" option.
    same thing with me I turned it off and it still appears. android wear needs a serious update

Yeah, I came to the conclusion quickly that the step counter is basically meaningless. Turned it off in Android Wear but it still pops up every morning.

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

I would love to be able to get rid of this useless card forever. I could leave it in my desk drawer all day and still come out with 1000 steps or more. Although I do like its optimistic nature.