Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

Default Pocket Cast Notifications

I think it may be all audio apps but I've noticed my notifications from Pocketcast (the card and media controls) don't go away even when I close the app entirely on my phone. It also has issues where the play and pause icon get out of sync if I do either from my phone instead of from my watch.

Not that annoying but certainly randomly weird.

Default Re: Pocket Cast Notifications

I've seen that too, not only with Pocket Casts, but also when I cast to my Chromecast.

I can sometimes make it go away if I open up the multitasking menu on my phone and swipe away the app's card (which does a soft close of the app). other times, the notification on the watch persists and I have to restart the watch to make it go away. It won't let me swipe it.

I'm having a more basic and annoying issue; I can't get controls to show up on the watch at all

When podcasts download that pops up, can't figure how to get controls to show up though

No idea... lil help?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

only time I see controls is when I'm actually playing the podcast. So I have to start playing it on the phone. Once its playing I can pause or play it from the watch in the notification card.

If its your first time using pocket cast once you download your podcast all you have to do is press the play arrow on the right hand side of the podcast in the list. Just covering the basics.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

I've also never seen a downloaded podcast notification.

I've just tried every audio app on the phone; the only one that shows any controls is Google Music, which pops up a control card, unlike the others.

*However* if I download a podcast with pocket cast, the card pops up to say it's downloaded, and if I swipe that I see a play pause control. But that's all. And that's the only time it happens.