I'm torn

cmdrdredd

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I wanted a G Watch but I'm on the fence. Is there anyone here who kind of regrets waiting it out to see the other offerings? Anyone feel it wasn't worth being an early adopter?

I want a new watch, really interested in Android Wear too. I normally wear a watch daily but I dunno if I want a Mechanical watch and just wait out the smart watch scene and see the 2nd offerings later on.

Just not sure which direction I want to go.

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I regret nothing about getting the G early. It's been cool to see the technology mature. My biggest joy is not having to constantly enter the 5 digit pass code my company requires. My biggest pain is Exchange Active Sync. When security policies are pushed every 2 weeks, Android Wear on the phone continuously crashes. The Exchange account then has to be removed, then re-added several hours later. Still worth it though.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have no regrets either but at this point with at least two other options (moto, asus) on the near horizon, a short wait might be the smart choice!

cmdrdredd

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably decide what to do soon, within the next few weeks. If Motorola doesn't have their watch available to ship when they make their official announcement coming up I think I may try the g watch, I am tired of waiting. I have a nice mechanical watch and was going to get a new one as it is showing its age but I can get extra functionality that seems very handy from android wear. So I kept going back and forth in my head. People seem pleased overall with the g watch and android wear so far that I wanted to get some real feedback on the first gen device.

Any other comments, good or bad are appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
As others mentioned, I don't regret my G Watch either... However, if you like the looks of the Moto 360 it may be the smart choice to wait a short while for it's release.

I'm sure the IFA show will also have some more wearable goodies in store for us.