Problem with battery life and screen coming on

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Over the last few days my screen has been coming on at random times. It even comes on when Theater Mode is on and the watch is on the charger. I'm lucky if the battery lasts 4-6 hours. Has anyone else experienced this?

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes. It only happens, though, when I have very low cell signal -- not 3G/4G signal, cell signal -- even if WIFI is on. Very repeatable for me. If I put my phone in Airplane mode and turn on WIFI and Bluetooth the excessive drain stops. Obviously, that's not a good long-term solution. What Wear-compatible apps do you have loaded?

Last edited:

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Looking at my app drawer:

Fit
Sleep
Amazon Shopping
Compass
Find My Phone
If
Intellicom Watch Faces
Keep
Lyft
Wear Mini launcher
World Clock

Today I left the house with 100% at 8:45. It's now 11:35 and I'm at 85%. That seems to be a more reasonable drain.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Next time you see the screen going on inappropriately check your phone's cell connectivity. How many bars does it show?

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I noticed it coming on yesterday. The phone had one or two bars. Is this a known bug? Is there somewhere I can report it?

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't know where to report it. I've been trying to figure it out because my desk at work has very bad cell reception and if I don't turn off the cell radio my watch is dead before I leave work. I've run quite a few tests:
1) WIFI on/off has no effect
2) GPS on/off has no effect
3) If Bluetooth is off (either just BT off or Airplane mode) the watch isn't connected to the phone and does not have excessive battery drain. If BT is on the watch is connected the watch battery drain depends on the cell radio strength (see below).
4) 3G/4G Data on/off has no effect
5) If the cell radio is off the watch does not have excessive battery drain. If the cell radio is on and the signal shows three or more bars the watch does not have excessive battery drain. If the cell radio has less then three bars the watch screen turns on randomly (even if Theater Mode is on) and the battery drains quickly.

I have no idea why the cell radio strength would have any effect on the watch!

MC_A_DOT

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
For some reason my battery life has completely dipped recently.

I used to get 2-3 days before charging until about a week and a half ago, I now have to charge it everyday.............wierd

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I called LG tech support and they said to send it in for repair. They received it yesterday. We'll see if they can recreate the problem and find a solution.

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got it back today. Under repair info it says the complaint was "No charging" and that they "Replaced board chip set". That's all well and good, but my complaint wasn't about it charging, it was about the screen coming on in Theater Mode.

I had to set up the watch from scratch. It's already downloaded an update. I forgot how to set it up. Before when I swiped down I was able to access menus. Now when I swipe down it mutes my phone. Am I still missing an update?

joeynumbers

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Over the last few days my screen has been coming on at random times.
I seem to have this problem as well. It started recently when I changed the device paired with my g watch. Now it will just sporadically turn the screen on, even when I disable the lift up to wake feature.

I drains my battery somewhat, but the issue for me is I hate how bright the screen gets in a dim room.

Posted via N7 LTE

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine still does it as well. I emailed LG and complained that it wasn't a charging issue that was the problem. they said I could send it back, but only if I produced a receipt. I got it from a friend who got it as a gift from work. No receipt, so I'm just living with it. I went to the movies on Saturday and had to put the watch in my pocket. The screen kept coming on. I'm just going to have to live with it until it suddenly fixes itself (just like it suddenly broke) or I get a different watch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08