Battery life vs watch faces

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that when I use some of the watch faces my battery life tanks. Normally my watch makes it all day, no issues. However, if I change to certain watch faces it will kill the battery and it's dead in 6 hours. Anyone else run into this? Right now I can only trust one or two watch faces.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Not all watch faces are created equal. I remember one from the play store (speeds?) was notorious for draining battery.

Nowadays I only use watchmaker faces and though they vary a bit, I haven't noticed any that really kill my battery.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I think that would be true if the watchface were constantly updating...however once the watch goes into dim mode, it only updates once per minute so I don't think whether a face has seconds or not is really an issue.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The watch face does what the developer wants it to do, both in full mode and in dim mode. So, if the OP installed a watchface which does not follow good design policies, then it is going to chew up battery.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I guess I've been using watchmaker for so long (what I describe is how _watchmaker_ faces operate) that I've forgotten how all those horrible play store faces operate... :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech