- 1 Posts
Need help in installing Hotspot mod on Sprint LG G2
I was trying to install Hotspot mod on my recently rooted Sprint LG G2 using the steps as mentioned in the link below:
Enable USB Tethering & WiFi Hotspot on Sprint LG G2
The process goes successful (except for a message "cannot verify ZIP file") . But on reboot, I can't see the hotspot option in the Settings menu.
Any help please?
Posted via Android Central App
- 07-06-2014, 12:25 AM #2
Re: Need help in installing Hotspot mod on Sprint LG G2
If it says cannot verify zip file it means that the file wasn't flashed to your device. Are you sure you have a custom recovery installed on your device? If you have CWM or TWRP it would say so in the recovery screen (usually at the bottom of the screen). Also, you should make sure you downloaded the right file to flash according to your firmware version. The guide seems to have nothing wrong (not sure about the actual zip files they are providing though). If you have everything and the error is persisting, try looking for the files on XDA Developers by Googling "[MOD]Native Hotspot Hack XDA Developers" and following the first link.
Also if your device was never activated on Spring you can also check out "Wi-Fi Hotspot/ Tethering For Sprint Non-Activated LG G2 LS980 ZV7/ZV8/ZVA XDA Developers" and opening the first link
- By bembol in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 07-07-2014, 01:26 PM
- By markrayski17 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 07-07-2014, 11:24 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-06-2014, 01:28 PM
- By ShaneN. in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 3Last Post: 07-06-2014, 12:28 AM
- By Leechurch87 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 07-06-2014, 12:26 AM