Total wipe-out

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
did you get it running?

I called the shop, and he said it's not ready yet. I've since learned how to fix it myself. I need a USB-OTG-Y cable, and a flash drive. With those tools, i can put any rom into recovery, and then get it back to normal. This place has a five star rating for repairs, but i guess that he's backlogged with work. I'll have to wait, and that's something i'm not good at.:(

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I called the shop, and he said it's not ready yet. I've since learned how to fix it myself. I need a USB-OTG-Y cable, and a flash drive. With those tools, i can put any rom into recovery, and then get it back to normal. This place has a five star rating for repairs, but i guess that he's backlogged with work. I'll have to wait, and that's something i'm not good at.:(

good to hear. Sorry your pain is our gain. Now I know what to do if I do this. I almost did a couple weeks ago

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone help me get this file? I want to download this as my recovery, when my phone is up and running. KOT491.D80020u. Thanks for any help.:)

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone help me get this file? I want to download this as my recovery, when my phone is up and running. KOT491.D80020u. Thanks for any help.:)
I don't think there is one... 20u would be an OTA only from 20c (??? forgive my AT&T knowledge). Besides, you cannot flash a TGZ/KDZ image (a stock image) from recovery, it requires the LG flash tool and the phone in download mode and then it is pushed from the PC. You should probably hop over to XDA and look for a flashable ROM image that will give you what you need to get back up and running, remember in XDA there is a generic "G2" section AND a variant specific area, many of the really good ROMs are in the generic section just make you sure you check the supported variants.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
O.K. I've got this file, LGD800AT-01-V10o etc, that i'll try to put into TWRP recovery, when i get the USB-OTG-Y cable. I don't think that the phone has root now, but i don't care, as long as it's up and running.:p

P.S. When i get the cable, and i'm ready to go, what exactly is the procedure? Do i find usb-otg in the install settings, and tap on that before i start the download? I don't want to screw it up, again.:p

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
O.K. I've got this file, LGD800AT-01-V10o etc, that i'll try to put into TWRP recovery, when i get the USB-OTG-Y cable. I don't think that the phone has root now, but i don't care, as long as it's up and running.:p

So you're back up and running now?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
O.K. I need some help, please. Here's my problem. Totally wiped phone, but i can get into TWRP v2.7.0.0 Put roms into recovery using adb commands with terminal. Now, TWRP says that i'm not rooted, so i put stock rom on TWRP and tried to install. Phone says failed, unable to open zip file. Am i missing something on the phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:(

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
O.K. I need some help, please. Here's my problem. Totally wiped phone, but i can get into TWRP v2.7.0.0 Put roms into recovery using adb commands with terminal. Now, TWRP says that i'm not rooted, so i put stock rom on TWRP and tried to install. Phone says failed, unable to open zip file. Am i missing something on the phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:(
What ROM are trying to flash? Some require SuperSU be flashed separately. Also, you generally can't flash a factory ROM image via TWRP, it's a TGZ or TOT and requires LG Flash to install.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
What ROM are trying to flash? Some require SuperSU be flashed separately. Also, you generally can't flash a factory ROM image via TWRP, it's a TGZ or TOT and requires LG Flash to install.

I was able to get various roms into TWRP by using the terminal with adb commands. Nothing would unzip the roms that i tried to flash. The phone is wiped clean. Called AT&T for help, and i'll be getting a brand new phone on Wed., to replace my two month old fried one. Thank God for insurance. No charge for the new phone, and a valuable lesson learned. NEVER do an "advanced wipe" with TWRP. :p

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get various roms into TWRP by using the terminal with adb commands. Nothing would unzip the roms that i tried to flash. The phone is wiped clean. Called AT&T for help, and i'll be getting a brand new phone on Wed., to replace my two month old fried one. Thank God for insurance. No charge for the new phone, and a valuable lesson learned. NEVER do an "advanced wipe" with TWRP. :p
Hmm... At least with an insurance claim you don't have to worry about getting charged for rooting/romming it, its rare but does happen with a warranty replacement.

The advanced wipe is very handy actually, just don't wipe internal memory without a good way to get a ROM in the phone.

Pretty sure this was recoverable, but glad you got it taken care of anyways.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... At least with an insurance claim you don't have to worry about getting charged for rooting/romming it, its rare but does happen with a warranty replacement.

The advanced wipe is very handy actually, just don't wipe internal memory without a good way to get a ROM in the phone.

Thanks. Part of the problem was the fact that i have about 20 contacts, out of 300, that i attach special ringtones to. Now, every time i put in a new rom, i wipe the phone. The "standard" wipe used by TWRP deletes those special ringtones, and i had been experimenting with different ways to download the new rom, without wiping out those ringtones. Sooner, or later, i'll find the answer.:p
Pretty sure this was recoverable, but glad you got it taken care of anyways.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Titanium backup, Ultimate Backup, or a handful of other backup apps can do this... TWRP (or any recovery) can't I'm afraid.